Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did search found 2 threads, pretty sure it is opti time again but just curious if anybody has any input for me on possible other options. Stalling,popping, and such intermittent while driving, sometimes go for miles without acting up. Visually checked everything and tried wiggling all wires while running , nothing made it act up.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
opti time, sensors probably dirty with something.
but unplug and check the opti harness plug for corrosion first.
if thats ok, depending on if you find oil or plastic bits inside the opti then may need more work.
check/replace the opti vacuum harness

·
Super Moderator
8,898 Posts
If the opti seal or vent harness is compromised, the 4-wire opti harness connector can get contaminated or corroded (I've seen both). This would give you the error codes on the hi-res or low-res sides.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update

Thanks very much Mr pogo & Sherlock for your responses , I always check vacuum harness and plug harness 1st , changed out opti and what you know it runs normal again!

·
Registered
337 Posts
My crank sensor harness (I think that's what it is) was damaged by the headers and causing symptoms that could be described like that. It runs under the motor from the firewall on the passenger side to the front lower passenger side of the motor. The damage was behind the cross member where the harness transitioned from above the frame to below. Two other engine block sensor cable are part of that harness, as well.

I'm still dealing with it now.

-KP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts