Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I keep getting the P1441 code pop up. It's been doing it on and off for 10 years, but strangely enough it's always gone away when I need to get my car inspected. This year I decided to actually tackle the issue. I replaced the lines from the intake to the switch on above thw fuel rail, replaced that switch, and replaced all the line going in and out of the charcoal canister. Even though the line from the canister to the tank is metal, I assume that there is a rubber hose that connects the metal line to the tank. Is this correct? What other vacuum lines could I be missing? This is on a 1996 B4U Caprice. I want to take the car out of town in May, but if I can't get the CEL to go awat so it'll pass inspection, it isn't going anywhere.

Any help would ve appreciated.

Mike S.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Yes, there is an emmisions hose coming out of the gas tank.
It's right beside the 2 fuel lines just above/behind the rear axle.
The emissions hose does "like" to pull off of the tank so
hopefully thats your problem ;)

Nab

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys. I was able to get the car to pass an inspection in May and have used it on and off since then. This week though the fuel pump failed and I had to drop the tank. I actually found that my fuel fliller hose was seeping and replaced it. So that may have been the problem. Will let you al know soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts