Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be really ashamed for asking this question, being an installer. But actually I am just asking for advice to save time. I'm gonna go ahead and put the Audiovox dropdown monitor in the car for the little guy to watch. Either the 10.4, or the 15.1, probably the 10. Anyways. Have you(or anyone) ever put a drop down monitor in a body? I have put them in all kinds of suvs and even my old pontiac Bonneville, but never a b-body. If so, what is there to brace to? I can't see anything. Any help would be great. Thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The best place to put the monitor is where the dome light is. There is a bracket right there that you can drill your holes into. Take the headliner down some so that you can see where the bracket is.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree w/ Southern Comfort. I have done the same for a few B-Bodies, and other cars.

Although, MY opinion is DON'T do anything larger than 7". The back seat is too close and will cause eye strain and headaches. besides I don't think it looks that good when the screen is that big.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 10 is str8, its when you start puttin the 15+ like I see alot around here. I was thinkin about our 8" as well. We'll see. Thanks for the help guys, i assumed there was something there to latch on to, just didnt look like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts