Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done it on a Fleetwood? Ive seen it done on the wagons and some of the other B bodies in black and it looks pretty good. Not sure how it would look on a FWB though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I dont have any pics off hand, but I have seen lowriders with them painted, and some with murals. It looks bad in my opinion because of the of the odd shaped opening the seat belts come out of.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I wasn't clear I meant the B pillars on the outside. I actually just found a picture of one, not sure how i feel about it...

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
oh, ok. I think it looks good on that car. On layitlow.com there is a guy who makes engraved cover plates for the b-pillars, but it's not my style.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I've seen those. He also makes extended skirts too I like them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is sticky wrap?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah that's true I didn't even think about that.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Got one of those wide rolls of electrical tape? 4 inch, I think. Maybe it was 3. Works perfect. I did one out of curiosity years ago figuring if I liked it I'd take it off and do it right. Hell, it stayed there the rest of the time I owned the car and nobody ever knew the difference. Almost the best 60 cents I ever spent.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i dont think anyone makes the extended skirts anymore. someone made a batch many years ago and theres still a few around but nobody that I know of on layitlow makes them anymore. Kind of difficult since its welding thin stainless. They fit stock rims easy, the china deep dish wire wheels would rub though, daytons wouldnt.

i have the stainless pillar trim for the outside, the 6 piece set, i like em. Dont get the plastic ones, go stainless if anyones into that

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's too bad about the extended skirts:( Any chance you could put up some pictures of the b pillars? I found another picture today and I like them.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
thats aarons white and pink fleetwood, hes in my car club actually and it was just in lowrider magazine. Hes in springfield missouri

what it looks like without the back pillar trim. this is a club brother in davenport

This is mine

This is another club brothers, he had his engraved

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yours look good! It looks a lot better with the back pillar done too and the engraving is a little too busy for me. I would have mine just like yours, do they make a sent for the triangles on the 93-94 cars?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yours look good! It looks a lot better with the back pillar done too and the engraving is a little too busy for me. I would have mine just like yours, do they make a sent for the triangles on the 93-94 cars?
theres a guy on layitlow.com that can make them for you. I got my kit on ebay, 6 piece stainless for around $40.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's cheap I've only seen them for 80 something on there. How much does the guy on layitlow charge for the triangle pieces?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Plasti Dip?

Anyone done it on a Fleetwood? Ive seen it done on the wagons and some of the other B bodies in black and it looks pretty good. Not sure how it would look on a FWB though.
Don't know if I'm allowed to post here because I don't own a Fleetwood... :p

Have you though about trying Plasti Dip?

I just finished up my mirrors, B, and C pillars. Subtle change, looks nice...

-Chad

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't understand the plasti dip fad. It won't hold up. Just use flat paint, or use the color of your choice and flat clear.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't understand the plasti dip fad. It won't hold up. Just use flat paint, or use the color of your choice and flat clear.
Are you saying the fad won't last (they never do), or the durability of PlastiDip?

Where are you located?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts