Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a smoothie front and roll pan for the wagon (94 non-wood caprice), and will be getting it painted soon.

Yesterday I pulled off the chrome wheel well moldings, thinking that I would leave them off. However now I think it doesn't look quite right because of the ridge it leaves behind.

What does everyone usually do with the wheel well moldings? Pull them off, or paint to match the body? Does anyone change to the impala style front wheel moldings?

I looked at a whole bunch of photos, but in almost all cases the pics were too small to see what was done. A lot of times I could see the front molding, but I could almost never see the rear wheel well molding.

Please enlighten me!

Thanks

MJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I pulled my side moulding and like the look alot better. At this point I've done nothing to my wheel well mouldings but plan to go with the SS mouldings.

Below is a pic of what I consider one of the cleanest wagons I've seen. It appears he went with nothing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i filled the lip on the front and rear and rounded them with the fender and it looks like there was never any trim put on. looks clean to me. but of course my whole cars in primer too soooo lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I painted mine DCM to match the body. Actually did it with rattle can touch-up paint. It's a pretty close match, from 15' ya can't notice it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.