Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transmission pan keeps leaking lots of fluid. I took it to SPEEDY oilchange to get the trans flushed. Ive been back 3 times to have them replace the gasket since.

They say the pan might be warped :confused:. Does this sound right?

It doesn't leak when the car is hot. When I park it at night and come back in the morning their will be a puddle of tranny fluid.

· Registered
11,652 Posts
When the car is running the fluid level is lower. The holes for the bolts through the pan may be stretched, and have a slight dome to them. If that is the case, they were overtightened, and the pan will not seal properly. The only thing you can do is replace the pan, and be careful to torque the bolts properly. A lot of people do that to the perimeter bolted valve covers, and engine pans. Fortunately the oil pan has a doubler to spread the pressure. The trans pan does not.

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the car is running the fluid level is lower. The holes for the bolts through the pan may be stretched, and have a slight dome to them. If that is the case, they were overtightened, and the pan will not seal properly. The only thing you can do is replace the pan, and be careful to torque the bolts properly. A lot of people do that to the perimeter bolted valve covers, and engine pans. Fortunately the oil pan has a doubler to spread the pressure. The trans pan does not.
Thanks for the reply.

What do you guys think about this pan?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-7...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

· Registered
1,617 Posts
your sig is too tall.

Second, with a deep pan you'll need a longer filter. Third what kind of gasket are they using on the pan? IF it's cork, get it off there, and use a rubber gasket. If the pan doesn't looked warped it probably isn't, and they are just using crap gaskets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.