Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I went and got the front section of the parking brake cable replaced this morning, but I think I'm missing a spring that keep tension on the lever/handle at the top. Is that right?

If I have the cable disconnected, everything functions and ratchets appropriately. As soon as I hook the cable up, the ratcheting function goes away.

I was planning on making a trip to the junkyard tomorrow anyway, so this is not a big deal, I was just hoping to have all the under-dash stuff taken care of in one shot today.

Oh well, not a show stopper, but I would like to know about a spring, and if anyone can post a picture of their assembly so I have an idea of what's going on, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

P.S. Just be happy you didn't have this a$$hole hanging out in your garage, when you went and lifted up a piece of trim!

I don''t wanna read about any of you guys bitching about snow this winter. You don't have to worry about these ba$tards in your house!

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Junior,
I checked mine and it appears as if all of yours is there. The only spring I saw was the one at the very top. Hope it helps.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Ain't you the guy that had one 'a them critters in the kitchen or hall?

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disconnect the cable at the joint under the driver seat. See if that returns properly. If so the problem is further back.

Ken
Thanks, I'll get back to this Friday after work, as I'll be tied up in the evenings until then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts