Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am hoping someone can answer my question. I installed an older Python 350 in my 94 caprice. I tapped into the parking light wire behind the headlight switch, but whenever I arm or disarm the thing chimes as though I had left the lights on. Is there a place I can tap into with a blocking diode to have the parking lights flash without doing that?

I guess I could use relays to flash the highbeams and backup lights when I arm/disarm, something Ive been thinking about doing.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
do the parking lights stay on for 30 seconds or anything? You should be sending a positive pulse to the brown wire at the headlight switch. If the alarm has a neg. output then use a relay to reverse the polarity. Other than that the chime should only activate one time if the door is open and then not again.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, they dont stay on. The alarm sends a positive pulse to the brown wire, perhaps I should add a relay as there are a lot of bulbs for that to illuminate.

As it flashes the lights, the car will chime as it does when the lights have been left on.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is chiming because it thinks the lights have been left on with no key in the ignition. The only thing that chime module knows is if there is voltage being sent to the lights. When the alarm activates it sends that voltage so the module chimes. After the alarm is armed there is no voltage so the chime module stops. Alot of cars chime when the alarm is activated. The only time you have a problem is if it keeps chiming. The car has a light relay so there is no need to add one.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha, just wasnt sure if that was normal for an alarm to do that, or if there was a way around it.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts