Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 Caprice wagon with some decent parts that I'd like to see go to enthusiasts before it goes to a local junkyard.

Rearend w/ Richmond 3.42:1 gearset on Impala posi unit. Has the correct ABS reluctor (I bought the last one my dealership could locate), and has run Royal Purple rear end lubricant since I got it. Brake lines are ni-copp, and I'm pretty sure I replaced the slave cylinders plus rubber frame line fairly recently. Gear mesh is dead-on, and it got new inner bearings when I installed the gears. $150

Front shocks are the Bilstein "heavy duty" shocks, and aren't terribly old. $50 for the pair

It has 2.5" mandrel-bent exhaust from the cats back, with the magnaflow intermediate pipes, polished stainless mufflers (magnaflow, maybe? I forget), and over-the-axle pipes that some knucklehead who can barely weld put together out the sides. :) I dunno, maybe $75?

Two of the climate control knobs are pretty new. $10 for the two?

Driver's side electric fan works (passenger side fan was sold). $30

The blue interior, hood, glass, rear wiper, roof rack, etc are in pretty good shape. I replaced the power steering lines recently; it has the "power steering cooler" line now. The headlights and front turns are working Silverstars. The A/C lines are new, as is the A/C compressor and the drier. The whole A/C system works really well and doesn't leak at all, so it'll kill me to ventilate that when it comes out. :/ PM me if you want any of those things or stuff that I didn't list. :)

I'm in central IL, just between Bloomington and Champaign. I'm not shipping that rearend or the exhaust, but small parts, sure. Or, rent a car trailer and come get the whole thing to take what you want off at your leisure. Perhaps $350 (the engine, transmission, and some underhood wiring/ECU are out). I figure it's probably worth $200-ish at the local scrap yard, and I'd appreciate saving me the hassle of dragging it over there.

There's also a '96 (9C1) iron LT-1 in pieces in the garage. The valvetrain is probably shot from rust, but the intake, block, crank, heads, etc should be fine. Maybe $250?

All prices are OBO, if you feel like you just have to dicker or whatever.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm interested in the glass. What would you want for it

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm interested in the glass. What would you want for it
You've exceeded your PM quota. :)

So, I guess I have a couple of questions - do you want all of it? Are you gonna come out here to get it out, or do I need to extract it and figure out how to ship it? I should note that all but the windshield is tinted. The front doors are like 30-40% tint, and the rear doors, sides, vents are maybe 80-90% Back window is... I'm not sure - less than the back sides. The back window's tint is annoyingly bubbled; I'll get some pictures on request.

I guess $150 sounds like a reasonable price for all of the glass alone, considering the buyer's hassle of removing the failed tint. It might be a good idea to pay a professional to pull the windshield and rear sides so I don't break them, and I guess I'd probably want to build a plywood crate to ship it in. Stacking it all up with a bunch of cardboard layered between, stapled down to a wood base and a plywood box over the top seems like the right way to go, which probably means some kind of freight shipping. So, depending on the answers to the other questions...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yeah..I really need the rear sides. I have a guy that was a "professional" welder weld the roof and it has welder spatter embedded in it

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah..I really need the rear sides. I have a guy that was a "professional" welder weld the roof and it has welder spatter embedded in it
Doh!

So, those u-ship type places let you get someone with a van or whatever who'll transport the stuff and also handle crating it up, so the shipping liability is all on them. I took pictures of the places where the tint isn't awesome and the stickers that are on the windshield a few minutes ago: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XcKuEjHwDg2Q1epA8

Or just ship the whole car out there. The glass would be safely transported that way. ;)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
How much for the entire car? I would need some pics. Can you PM me and we can exchange info?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts