Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had an ad in the "cars for sale" section for a while but thought I'd put one here as it's more aimed at people who want the parts.

This is car is running and drivable, but due to the expensive bodywork required to make it truly roadworthy I believe it should really be considered as a parts car. It was my daily driver from 2001 until 2005. Shortly before a tree fell on it in the Hurricane I swapped a T56 six-speed manual transmission into it with a kit from a company called B-Body High Performance. The kit consisted of a clutch pedal bracket, tubular crossmember, and various wiring harnesses and brackets required to get it all to fit and look stock. Ideally I'm looking to sell this to someone who already has a Chevy Caprice or Impala SS and wants to swap the transmission.

The Bad
As you can see in one of the pictures, the driver's side D-pillar is smashed and would need major repairs to get a rear windshield installed. The rest of the body has small dents and dings here and there. The engine has almost 190k miles and is a little tired but runs pretty good. It is a 9c1 police package car but I've removed nearly all the 9c1 stuff.

The Good
Included is everything needed to convert your car to a T56 manual transmission. Also included is a full interior (adriatic blue) in good condition. It has leather bucket seats. The wheels are from a 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood and are worth a good $200 by themselves. There are lots of extra parts and odds and ends included, including a Z28 cluster kit (several clusters, all bad).

The Deal
I'm asking for $2500 and yes I realize this is a lot of money to ask for a parts car but these are fairly unusual parts. It would easily cost $2000 or more to do this conversion today and you would spend a lot of time tracking down the small stuff that is all right here. The car was located in Mississippi during the Hurricane and did not flood, all the damage is from a tree falling on it. The price is somewhat negotiable but I'm not desperate. I may also be open to parting the car out but would prefer to sell it complete. The car is located in New Orleans but I am willing to assist with transportation within a 500 mile radius.

Pictures can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157623654616807/

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The car is still for sale. I'm open to reasonable offers.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still available. No reasonable offer refused.

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
BBHP kit # 133 is the one after mine (132) which I bought in 1/2005.

Assumeing the T56 is in solid shape...the asking price for the "car" is a good deal just for the T56 conversion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BBHP kit # 133 is the one after mine (132) which I bought in 1/2005.

Assumeing the T56 is in solid shape...the asking price for the "car" is a good deal just for the T56 conversion.
That's the idea.

PM sent regarding the inquiry.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nevermind, the PM didn't work.

Yes I am willing to sell just the conversion kit. However with the cost of shipping, unless you have a T56 already it might be more economical to just buy the whole car. Either way we can make it work. Please email me at [email protected] with an offer and we'll discuss it further.

To the other poster, if I do wind up parting it out I'll post a new thread and you can get back to me then.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would cost a 1,000.00 or so to get the car back to Idaho, thanks
I mapped it and considered the logistics of meeting you somewhere out West. Fuel for the trip would be about $300 and that was only about a third of the way, so yeah a grand is perhaps a conservative estimate for the total expenses.

I'm still open to selling just the conversion kit, make me an offer by email.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The car is still available. I don't have time to deal with parting it out. Come pick it up and it's yours for $2000. If you will need help with transportation it'll be a couple hundred more. That's a heck of a deal for a running, driving, rust free car with a good T56.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just curious??

Would you be willing to trade for a 2005 suzuki gsxr 750:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm interested. Going to ride the bike down here to pick up the car?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts