Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there everyone,

I've finished stripping away the parts I wanted from my ol' DCM SS, and it's time to let her go. Located in Northern NJ. At this point she's a parts-only car for sure.

Currently in the car is a rebuilt 4L60E transmission with, I kid you not, about 50 miles on it since rebuild. The engine went shortly after I had the transmission done, because sometimes bad luck just comes around. The rest of the car has approx 155k miles on her.

Car does not have:
- I've pulled mostly everything in the engine bay down to the block. I have also taken the main wiring harness, headers, and cats.
- Headlights, corner lights, taillights, 3rd brake light, front bumper cover, grille, spoiler, and perhaps rear bumper cover
- I've taken door panels and most of the dashboard equipment, as well as the center console and much of the interior trim pieces.
- Swaybars
- Radio, power antenna,
- Antenna

Car has:
- The rebuilt transmission noted above.
- Drivetrain from the transmission backward, and a pretty bare engine block. Impala SS rear axle and gears etc included, but the posi was acting like an open differential for a few years.
- Four black wheels with snow tires, or perhaps 3 and one full-size spare.
- Exhaust from the X-pipe backward, including hooker aerochamber mufflers and custom discreet turndown tips
- Seats (front seats have tears)
- All suspension components left in place with exception of swaybars, includes BMR rear lower control arms.
- A somewhat dented hood from an accident several years ago (not the hood shown in my parts thread. This is the stock hood) - [potentially pending sale]
- Doors, windows, door spear [Driver door is potentially pending sale]
- Rust in lots of places

The rest:
Local pickup only of course. First $1100 cash takes her. Easily has $2k of parts left in her, but I don't have the constant access to a driveway and storage space for parts like I used to. If you're interested, respond and/or drop me a PM and we can set up a phone call. Thanks folks.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As an update, the car is still available, including the trans and all other parts listed as included above. Also lowering the price to $1200. Good luck out there folks.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
How much for just the rebuilt transmission? Might be interested depending on price because I would need it shipped to Cali!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much for just the rebuilt transmission? Might be interested depending on price because I would need it shipped to Cali!
Responding to the above questions:

- Ray, the car has stock-length BMR control arms, not the extended ones
- Sorry Demonio, but I do not believe I can (should) pull the trans in the driveway as I don't have proper lift / jack / experience for it. But if you know someone in the area, send them over.

·
Registered
198 Posts
95 DCM parts car

Hello, I purchased your DGGM Caprice SS a number of years back...what shape are the wheel well moldings in on the DCM car?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, I purchased your DGGM Caprice SS a number of years back...what shape are the wheel well moldings in on the DCM car?
Hey big wagon guy! That's awesome, and again I'm sorry about the dashboard with the little holes in it, I still feel bad about that to this day.

The wheel well moldings on the DCM are complete crap, and actually you're not the first to ask about those. Seems a common point of failure in the north and northeast. Mine are as rusted as the day is long. In particular the area right below the PCM is just a hole at this point. So, sadly, they won't be of any use to anyone.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for the reply. No issues re the dash...to bad about the DCM trim those SS specific wheel well moldings sure are difficult to find. Good luck moving the parts.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey there 91ss, any parts pulled from the car will have to wait until after the end of tax season, as I'm working 70-hour weeks. Really just hoping someone wants the transmission and takes the car for it, frankly -- but I'll entertain the "further" part-out requests like yours once April 15th rolls around if you're still looking by then.

Thanks kindly for the interest.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have had several requests for parts on this car, and now that my busy season at work is winding down, I'll do my best to respond to all of you.

As a note, the main selling point of the car -- the recently rebuilt transmission -- is still available and I will prioritize anyone who is looking to buy that. Lowering price to $1000 for the recently rebuilt trans with approximately 25 miles on it. The remainder of the car is included for free if you want it, or if you want to just drop by one day and pull the trans yourself, that's fine too.

Car no longer includes:
- basically any paneling inside the cabin
- doors (will be removed before car is purchased, but leaving them on to keep the car sealed for now)
- any items listed as unavailable or sold in original post

1 - 11 of 11 Posts