Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems my PASS KEY keeps coming on when im driving but it goes away. Sometimes my car doesnt start no sounds at all and the PASS KEY FAULT light shows after a few minutes it goes away then my car starts and it runs fine. I already had a new key made at the dealership about 9 months ago cause i experienced the same problem now its happening a lot more often and im worried because this car is my daily driver. My question is if there is any way i can delete this option on my car. I have a 94 Impala SS. If anyone has any suggestions or any ideas or knows if this is possible. PLEASE HELP. Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
355 Posts
From gwturbo......"The real fix is to replace the ignition cylinder lock. It is only about $25 at Rockauto. It will come with a new key that you have to find out your resistance on your current keys and then buy a new key with that same resistance and have it cut to the one that comes with the new part. Just had this done to mine and it fixed the problem. There are some post on here on how to bypass the pass key also. hth. Glenn"

This is from a different thread hope this helps.

This thread has info on it as well.....
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=233338&highlight=pass+key+fault

Let me know how you make out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts