·
Premium Member
6,290 Posts
completely

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
On my 1994 caprice 4.3 my pass key light stays on and my car won’t stay running! It starts then dies almost immediately and the pass key light stays on. I’ve tired the 30 min reset a couple of times that didn’t work! I’ve tired bypassing and added resistors that didn’t work! I’ve replaced the ignition switch that didn’t work! I’ve replaced the pcm and that didn’t work! I’m out of ideas on what it could be. Any Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,159 Posts
How many threads do you need to make on this same issue? Is this #3?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
2nd but yes sorry about that I’m new to this and I feel like my last tread wasn’t enough info. I’m looking to delete the other one now.
Actually I apologize, on my screen it looked like post #4 was the beginning of a new thread. I just noticed this is the same thread I already replied to. My bad.

But, yeah, for future reference... you can always edit your posts if you feel you need to include more info.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
“91” Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
247 Posts
Pre-coffee, you have to give me a break.
Coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc, and I don't give eeffoc until I've had my coffee.

Reactions: Caddylack

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try checking the grounds for corrosion or broken wires. Second check the pin connectors at the PCM for corrosion or signs of wear.
Ok I just pulled the anti theft relay and tested the relay which is good but after testing the 4 wires (2 yellows, yellow/black, and purple I believe) that are ran to the relay I realized not one of them are hot! Not 100% sure what wire or wires are supposed to have voltage to them but if anyone has any info that would be great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1996 is different.

In the 1994 ALL power is switched by the ignition switch so no voltage is present at the relay UNLESS you are cranking the starter.

See the PDF
Yes the car runs for like 3 secs so I’ve had someone start it and I’ve checked the relay wires and not even 1 of them have any voltage. The Starter starts the car but then it dies in 3 secs and pass key light is on. Do you think it’s the ignition switch?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
If this isn't clear yet, bypassing VATS is a 2-part process.

You have to physically bypass the module, and you also have to tune it out in the PCM.

Both parts are required.

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 20 of 45 Posts