Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 95 Fleetwood a year ago, and Ive had to leave the fuse out because the interior lights would take the full 10 minutes to turn off. We finally got around to doing the diagnostic procedure to see if the BCM was bad, and assuming we did it right, it led us to the decision the BCM was in fact bad.

So, Ive found a place that said they could repair or replace the BCM with a reman one. They told me mine was not repairable, and sent me the re-manufactured one. Now..the problem is getting that BCM to recognize my key. The key dance instructions, tell me to watch the security light, that will either be on steady or flash. My security light has never come on since I owned the car. I thought maybe the bulb was bad, and I replaced it not long ago, but still no security light. The key dance to set the PassKey to my key also has time frames...11 minutes on, 30 seconds off..etc. So, I did it multiple times, just based on the time they suggest. The BCM will not relearn my key. So..my question is...is it possible for the BCM to learn my key with the security light not working...and what might be causing the security light to not work in the first place? I had assumed it was part of the problem I was having with the BCM and was disappointed it did not fix with the new one. Also..my interior lights do not seem to be fixed either. So, though the repair place said my module was bad, having a repaired one has had no good effects so far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well..Ive answered my own question..its not possible. It is possible to figure out what key # the new BCM was looking for though, so I got the car to start. Now I need to figure out if my car has the optional security system, or if it only has the Vats system. The dealership could not figure it out. Does anyone know of a way to see if the car came with the optional theft deterrent system?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This just tells me how to test if it is on or off. From what I understand it was an option, and I may not even have it..unless I am confused about that. So Im trying to determine if the car was equipped with it. It will not come on..but that could just mean its broken. I saw UA6 on my parts identification sticker..but Im not sure if that just refers to the VAT system or if it refers to the theft deterrent system.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks so much for the info. If Im not mistaken, the lock module (which I think is under the rear dash) had the anti theft in it, so I'll look into replacing that I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts