Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this weekend I am removing the passenger airbag.I have the steering wheel one removed and the resistor installed.What resistance value is needed for the passenger air a so u don't get the lite on the dash.
Thanks for any info.
Paul.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
2 ohms, or two (2) 1ohm resistors wired together...

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.

Thank you sir.I appreciate it.��

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
I disabled my AB's a while ago and just pulled the bulb. I believe the 2 ohm mentioned is the correct value to fool the System. Keep in mind how you piece together Resistors if needed. In "Series" resistor value will add, put in "Paralell" they will be cut in half, so keep this in mind when adding resistors.

The cavity left behind by the Pass. bag being removed is large. you could tuck away a Stereo amp or something else in this area. Here is a pic of the cavity left behind when removed....

If you decide to disable the entire circuit and I think you would need to remove the bulb for this, you can also remove this Fugly piece from the rad support. This is the Impact sensor that is normally mounted to the the Latch Plate.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
airbag

Thanks for the info guys.There is a lot space left there.I might have a resistor and airbag connector from when I did drivers side.I have to check the resistance see if its 2 ohms.
I am going blank it off and make the dash look cleaner.
Thanks again.
Paul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts