Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just wanted to know what pins will work for a 95 Chevy impala. I wanted to do my homework on installing a tachometer and I'm running the tach signal wire to the PCM A13 Red connector, can anyone tell me if this pin is correct and will plug into the PCM Thank you.
-Cade

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
A13 red is tach signal yes.

Those terminals look to be correct, yes.

As for running the wire,
D16 is oil change ind control, can be accessed near steering column
D20 field service enable , can be accessed at DLC connector
B11 is low oil ind control, can be accessed near column

If you dont want to run a wire , one of the above could be used if you dont care about them

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im Sorry I don't understand what can I use those wires for, those wires can replace the (A13 red wire to the tach) wire on the tach I think is what you're saying and this is a better picture of the
terminal Thank you for the fast reply

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
That is what I am saying.

Field service enable , as far as I know , is never used other than some GM diagnostics back in the day.
" change your oil light " most people never use it.
" low oil light " only checks on startup.

If any of these, if you absolutely dont care about , you could move the wire to A13, and disconnect at the interior end , hooking to your tach.

Field service enable would probably be the easiest as it is right there at your data link connector

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
To recap ;)

Fixuntilbroke , You likely have a later ECM with your swap.
If like mine, yours are probably square Molex.
LT1 , LS 411 , round
Z09B4U,
Technically not sealed are they? They have a crimp area for wire and another for strain relief.
The actual seal is in the conector, only touching wire, not terminal .

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Technically not sealed are they? They have a crimp area for wire and another for strain relief.
Micro-Pack 100 are square "ish" and "open framed"
Micro-Pack 100W are round

I do not write the Delfhi descriptions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So just To be 100%, I can take 1 of 3 useless pins, swap it to A13 and then tap that into the tach and it should be running. I think I'm ready to order if thats the case thank you very much for ur help everyone.
-Cade
To recap ;)

Fixuntilbroke , You likely have a later ECM with your swap.
If like mine, yours are probably square Molex.
LT1 , LS 411 , round
Z09B4U,

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
At the risk of putting my foot in my mouth again...I believe you would need to disconnect/remove the other end of the wire from the cluster as well (95wagon mentioned this, but it wasn't clear in your reply so figured I'd clarify).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right I forgot about that I'd use the wire going to the OBD1 since its easy to find and reuse. Thank you for input, there's kinda scarce info but once you find it its straight forward, I understand a little more every time I ask questions to people on here who knows these platforms like the back of their hand.
At the risk of putting my foot in my mouth again...I believe you would need to disconnect/remove the other end of the wire from the cluster as well (95wagon mentioned this, but it wasn't clear in your reply so figured I'd clarify).

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Thanks all, i found this thread very informative.
-ALF out...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts