Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so I was told my PCM is done in my 94 Roadmaster, I changed out the spark plugs, wires, coil, regulators, fuel pump, fuel filter cleaned the MAF sensor with that spray and the service engine light is still on (even disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it doesn't reset it) I am still getting the same codes (4) I did before I listed them somewhere on here needless to say they all trace back to the PCM malfunctioning. So here is my question what now? the book says I have to pull the chip that's in there and erase it and reprogram it ??? but then backyard mechanics are telling me all I have to do is find one with matching numbers?? I am not able to spend another $500.00 or more on this car I'm at a loss and frustrated to say the least any help would be appreciated

SORRY I JUST REALIZED I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG FORUM..

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
First, what are the actual code numbers? PCM's rarely go bad (though it does happen), many are replaced due to ignorant mechanics throwing parts at a problem.

Second, these PCM's do not have removable chips. They have flashable EEPROM memory. Any '94 - '95 B-body PCM will work, but will need to be flashed with the proper program for your specific car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
42, 36, 48 AND 55

basically I had my roadie cut (hydraulics) and when I got her back she was messed up ... one thing after another like I said on my original post. she was running perfect before I don't know what happened and I was told that all they did was disconnect the battery to work under the hood installing the cylinders etc. but then I have no idea.

I am frustrated and at a loss she has an LT1 motor in her and I am being told a handful of different things from different people about could be wrong and nothing solid

any help from here is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
offhand I would check all the ground connections.
by rear trunk hinges
at coil mount
alt/wp stud
rear of driver side head

posting the fault codes would help more.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
I posted somethings about this stuff in your other post that you made. 55 DTC should be fixed since it is generally fuel related, as for the others, one is a MAF code and the others are ICM and Opti codes, as pogo stated check the grounds first drivers side front head first. You may want to read your other posts about the same problem as well, so people aren't triple posting about the same thing.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Sounds like dirty or corroded grounds to me. All of those components ground through the stud on the drivers side head.

Chris
Well DUH!!! just kidding man, in his other post that is the first thing that I told him. :)

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I wish I had a dime for every PCM that was "diagnosed" bad and then it was actually something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts