Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 V4P Fleetwood
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to drop a much belated thanks and recommendation for our forum guru @Marky Dissod for tuning my LT1 PCM. He reached out to me last year about doing a tune on my '95 V4P Fleetwood Base (rare) when I was new to the forum and I am happy that we are now friends.

The V4P is an interesting beast with PCM tuning and I am really pleased to say that he did a bang up job. Have gave explanations of what was being changed and charts for me to provide data for him to tweak subsequent tunes. The end result is nothing short of amazing.

I now proudly have 2 PCMs (1 for spare) tuned in the Marky way. The V4P LT1 was never a sloth, but it drives like a totally different car after he worked his magic. I can either be Jekyll or Hyde on the pedal, depending on how I'm feeling.

For the record, my car is bone stock except for home plate/first base delete and a major swiSS-cheesing of my stock airbox.

Thanks again @Marky Dissod for your services and expertise!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Reached out largely because it was almost immediately obvious how much you enjoy & appreciate your V4P (which is already rare enough before the fact that it's NOT a Brougham).
(WXs get all the glory. V4Ps are seriously underrated - yet all B- & D-cars are stuck on a long road leading to extinction.)

V4P are built and programmed ready to 7000lb anytime, yet most V4Ps will never tow 5000lb, let alone 7000lb.
It's a waste of gas when driven conservatively, on top of how GM's shift tables are allergic to fun.
(Why GM never saw fit to equip Fleetwoods V4P with a Tow/Haul button is beyond me.)

Thanks for having sensible expectations. People like you are a pleasure to work with.
Thanks for letting me improve on GM's restraints so you could have more fun with it.

Did you get a chance to install the plastic mech fan upgrade yet?
Too bad Gary (@InnovativeWiring) did not figure out how much extra wire length to provide to do the V08-V03 conversion.

·
Registered
1995 V4P Fleetwood
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reached out largely because it was almost immediately obvious how much you enjoy & appreciate your V4P (which is already rare enough before the fact that it's NOT a Brougham).
(WXs get all the glory. V4Ps are seriously underrated - yet all B- & D-cars are stuck on a long road leading to extinction.)

V4P are built and programmed ready to 7000lb anytime, yet most V4Ps will never tow 5000lb, let alone 7000lb.
It's a waste of gas when driven conservatively, on top of how GM's shift tables are allergic to fun.
(Why GM never saw fit to equip Fleetwoods V4P with a Tow/Haul button is beyond me.)

Thanks for having sensible expectations. People like you are a pleasure to work with.
Thanks for letting me improve on GM's restraints so you could have more fun with it.

Did you get a chance to install the plastic mech fan upgrade yet?
Too bad Gary (@InnovativeWiring) did not figure out how much extra wire length to provide to do the V08-V03 conversion.
Thank you so much! Allergic to fun is putting it politely. I have a different car now and it's a lot more enjoyable to drive.

I've had this car since it was almost a baby (24,000 miles old, 5 years ago) and now it's just above 65,000. Looking forward to many miles and smiles of fun.

Mech fan upgrade was in the works, but I could not get the fan dislodged from the donor vehicle :( I did however pull the electric fan from a donor '94 Fleetwood and would LOVE to upgrade it.

I still need to contact Gary to see if he'll make a harness.... I suppose he'll need the factory service manual charts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts