Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a pcv valve for my 96 ss. is it located on the pass. side valve cover? I just bought the car and changed the oil and purchased a pcv valve for the car. When i removed the hose that goes to the valve cover nothing was there. Im stumped. do i just place the fat end of the pcv valve in the hole and connect the hose to the top of it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also does the pcv valve on the lt1's have a rubber grommet?

·
Registered
581 Posts
The PCV valve is on the drivers side of the intake manifold. The hose for it goes from the front of the intake manifold through a 90 degree curved rubber hose to a metal pipe, to another rubber hose to the intake manifold. The hose you are referring to is the blowby gas/engine breather hose that runs from the passenger side intake manifold to the throttle body and has nothing to do with the PCV system. - Peter

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for getting me straight. I dont know what I would have done without this forum. thanks. Its my first gas vehicle. LOL

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
The hose you are referring to is the blowby gas/engine breather hose that runs from the passenger side intake manifold to the throttle body and has nothing to do with the PCV system. - Peter
Actually, it's an integral component of the PCV system. People have played w/ this one for years. Blowby introduced into the intake vs. unmetered air and invalid MAP readings.

Keep all vacuum fittings intact and/or upgraded. This includes the entire PCV circuit (both driver's and passenger side).

What DOES reduce passenger side PCV circuit oil/blowby is a chambered design breather which prevents oil from readily being introduced to the intake manifold and this:

GM part# 12572717

What the pic doesn't show is the "fixed orifice" design of this valve. Been using it recently, and it does just what it's supposed to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts