Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was Highway driving and had this MiniVan hovering in my blind-spot for about 20 mins. not wanting to pass me or the car in front. Sooo...I floored it, and went from 72 to 95 in 1 second. Problem is when I did that, the connection before the muffler blew out, making quite a nice Muscle Car tone. QUESTION? How can I get that Thrush Turbo sound, or Glaspak, or CherryBombs With the correct offset?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just had the mufflers cut out, then the shop bent pipe to fit and welded it in.............i kept the resonators on.......its raspy when you get on it and is loud as hell at high RPM but would probably mellow out some if you cut the resonators out....i can always make people jump if i wind it up when they're walking behind my car.....especially little kids :cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dynomax Ultraflows are glass packs, but shaped like a normal muffler. Though I have a Caprice, the Impala SS cat-back system bolted right up. You can just get the mufflers if you like. They're a thing of beauty, 304 POLISHED stainless steel....and straight through, bro!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are looking for a good loud sound I agree with ghost, I heard his exhaust last week and it sounds sweet! Like the 60's style muscle car.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, just got out from underneath it. The whole exhaust is rusty, the Cat is very nasty and rusted. Bought a Thrush Turbo for it. That should get me by until the Cat goes bad, at which time I'll probably go all the way... Headers, dual, Flowmasters

Thanks Guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts