0614.10 Performance Friciton-Z-rated
CHEVROLET: Caprice & Impala SS (93-96)
1993-1993 CHEVROLET CARS- Caprice- police car

0614.20 Performance Friction-Carbon Metallic

0614.21 Performance Friction-Carbon Metallic
1994-1996 CHEVROLET CARS- Caprice- all inc LTZ
1994-1996 CHEVROLET CARS- Impala- SS only
<21 is listed as the police app for 94-96 with 20 being listed as the civi 94-96 and police 91-93 in the PF online catalog>

0614.30 Performance Friction-Met/Life
<I had never heard of this one>

Rear
0628.10 Performance Friciton-Z-rated
<Did not realize they made a Z-Rated rear>

0628.20 Performance Friction-Carbon Metallic

0628.80 Performance Friction-Silent Ceramic
<Did not realize that they made ceramic pads, no front?>

614 Search
628 Search

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I finally figured out how to search through Performance Frictions site, and this is what I found there...

1996 CHEVROLET IMPALA SS - V8 ENGINE - FRONT ONLY;FRONT DISC BRAKES;DISC/DISC
CARBON METALLIC® STREET PAD - FRONT - 0614.20
Z-RATED® HIGH PERFORMANCE STREET PAD - FRONT - 0614.10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1996 CHEVROLET IMPALA SS - V8 ENGINE - REAR ONLY;DISC/DISC
CARBON METALLIC® STREET PAD - REAR - 0628.20

So... I need to either email them directly about the 0628.10 to see if they exist or see if I can do a part seach. Either way, nice find!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called Performance Friction and talked to a customer service rep, they never made a 0628.10 Z-rated pad. Don't know where National Fleet got that part, but PF says it doesn't exist.

Now, they said they could consider making a Z-rated pad if they had an order for between 50-100 sets (or pads, cannot remember which), then they could try to get it signed off by management.

Hmmm... I'm not the leader type person, but if someone wanted to seriously consider spearheading it, I'd be interested in some Z-rated pads for the rear....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it have to be an order, or could an e-mail campaign do it? Personally, I'm not interested, but I know that there are a lot of people who value what these pads have to offer.

Maybe we could coodinate with George Bates in Upland CA 909 949-7984

Want to call and see if he would be interested?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:mad: :mad: :mad: I just got a call from National Fleet and they told me my order of the PF Z-pads for the front are no longer made.

SO....anyone know for sure if the Z-pads are done from Performance Friction? AutoZone couldn't order them, National Fleet says they don't make them... now what?!?

Hawk HP+ without matching rear??

UGH!! :mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about Raybestos BruteStop BD614M BD628M ?
Available at RockAuto for $56 and $50.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Brutestops will work. I had them for a while. They are noisy pads though (more than the Hawk HP+ in my experience, including some noise when the brakes are NOT being applied....a condition the HP+ is dead silent in), and are VERY aggressive towards rotors.....expect 30-50K (tops!) out of a set of rotors.

Oh yeah, tons of dust....but you've gotta expect that from a true high performance pad.

That said, they stop VERY well :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So... which way to go... the Hawk HP+ up front w/ ??? in the rear... or the Brutestops front and rear?

One have an advantage over the other? I'd prefer the no noise when not pressing the pedal, but I think I can deal with it (especially with the ATR dual drone :D )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd first try the Hawk HP+ in front with PF 6284 in the rear myself. If you feel you need more rear brake bias, then goto the Brutestop rear pads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I found the HP+ at Tirerack.com for $61. Is that a fair price? Anywhere else to shop for pricing? Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd ask Allen Mirse (AllenIDOXLR8) as he has the HP+ with stock calipers to be 100% sure....

That said....

We know the FMSI part number for the stock front pad shape is "D614". Looking at the Pegasus Autoracing website, they have a tracing (which looks right) in their online catalog on P 109 that would indicate that HB131 is the correct "prefix" for the Hawk pads that match up to FMSI of D614.
Pegasus Autoracing Online Catalog

Pegasus Catalog Page 109, which has the HB131 pad tracing on it

The Hawk Pad Application List for Chevrolet, which is here, confirms this.

So the "Base" Hawk PN for the front is HB131. Pegasus Autoracing lists it as being $59.99 for the HP+, couple of bucks cheaper for HPS. I've had good luck ordering from Pegasus before, and wouldn't hesitate using them again.

I have the HP+ pads on all 4 corners, but in Wilwood calipers.....which means that MY part numbers aren't gonna do you a bit of good :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, according to TireRack, they have the HP+ for the front of the SS, so I ordered those. We'll see when they get in what they are, and if they have a part number...

Thanks again for the info!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone try the EBC Redstuff pads for the front? Kinda pricy at $99 a set, but that was the other option at Tirerack for our cars under the Autocross listing... just wonderin'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've heard horror stories about the Redstuff pads on heavier cars under hard usage (basically, the pads crumble once you get them really hot). I would be real reluctant to "go there" on an SS with stock brakes.

I had the EBC Greenstuff pads on my Subaru for a while. I was NOT impressed. They dusted a lot more than stock, but weren't really much (if any) better than stock as far as stopping ability or brake fade resistance.

I then put on the HP+ pads (when I still had stock front calipers on that car). Still lotsa dust
, but FAR better stopping (both ability and fade resistance) compared to the stock pads.

I'm just wish that Hawk made the HP+ for the Brembos I have on that car now :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.