Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that my car has better acceleration in mid throttle than at WOT. Does it have a problem or is it normal. If anyone as a clue of what could cause that like tp sensor, fuel press reg. Otherwise the car run great; steady idle, steady vaccum.
I compared performance by 0-60 time:
Mid throttle = 7.3
Full throttle = 8.3

I would expect better time at WOT. :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems mine does it to for so long I just kept denying it... Weird hope we find out what it is.

Thats why im on a quest to replace everything in my car to find out what it is. I'm fiddeling and testing all sensors, vacume lines, and anything that could have influence on performance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like you have a weak link somewhere in your ignition system: Coil, opti, wires, plugs, connections, grounds,.............

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 96 CAP 9C1:
It seems that my car has better acceleration in mid throttle than at WOT. Does it have a problem or is it normal. If anyone as a clue of what could cause that like tp sensor, fuel press reg. Otherwise the car run great; steady idle, steady vaccum.
I compared performance by 0-60 time:
Mid throttle = 7.3
Full throttle = 8.3

I would expect better time at WOT. :confused:
Check for Vaccum Leaks.. Does your Heater Door open and close and get good Floor Heat?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
originaly posted by arnie-SS : Are your springs still original?

I beleive they are, i feel it miss some power at high rpm (4000-5000 rpm)

originaly posted by AdioSS: how did you take the measurements?
I used a watch-chrono and took several result but only posted the best results. The worse result at WOT is somewhere near 10 sec.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by 96 CAP 9C1:
Sorry guys post didn't came out as i wished.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />originaly posted by Dan Fahey: Check for Vaccum Leaks.. Does your Heater Door open and close and get good Floor Heat?
Dan do you mean vacccum could drop when heater is on?
I'll check it and post result
</font>[/QUOTE]Vaccum is what operates the heater door. when you change from floor to defrost sometimes there's a "shhhh...", thats what you're hearing.

so if you don't have enough vaccum, your heater controls will be slow or won't work properly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This may be a diff. matter, but my 99 Blazer(4.3 Vortec) ran that way until i noticed black gunk buildup on the reeds and resistors inside my MAF. I cleaned it up and it turned into a tire-roaster and massively improved WOT power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.