Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 impala and will be moving to Phoenix in March. I have LE2s, a 58mm ported intake, comp cam, CIA try-y headers with high flow cats, pypes-X, and mufflers without resonators. My air pump was removed a long time ago. Any insight you guys can provide of potential issues I may encounter would definitely be helpful.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those are very good questions. hopefully one of the Arizona guys will chime in since I'M not there yet. Ive down some preliminary research but its all so foreign to me since Ive never had to worry about it here in NM

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
They have only plugged mine in and checked for codes, never opened the hood. They will also check the gas cap. Pretty much set if the CEL isn't on & no codes are stored.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have only plugged mine in and checked for codes, never opened the hood. They will also check the gas cap. Pretty much set if the CEL isn't on & no codes are stored.
Thanks Gregg-O, that makes me breathe a little easier.

Cam info is as follows
226/232 .578/.574 110 LSA. – 1900-6200 RPM

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, no dyno for 96 and newer just can’t have any codes.

I have almost the same exhaust setup as you and haven’t had a problem. They’ve opened my hood but never said anything. I do have the air pump delete and sticker but doubt they can read so they may have just been looking for fun.

You may have a problem with the 58mm TB. My 96 had one and failed. That could have been from poor computer programming, I don’t know. I put my stock TB and computer on and breezed right through.

Are you moving to Phoenix proper or outskirts? I don’t think you have to do any sort of emissions test if you live outside the valley. I think it’s only Phoenix, Tucson and Flagstaff areas.

Oh, and expect to have to buy a new gas cap. I’m convinced they get a percentage of every one sold here.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm most likely going to move downtown Phoenix. The had cap comment had me laughing and I'm sure I will laugh when they tell me I need one. My throttle body is a TPiS that was recently installed so hopefully I won't have any issues. My CEL is throwing the P0200 fuel injector malfunction code but I will have a shop address that this week. I look forward to meeting you guys. There were few b-body's here in las cruces nm besides mine and my brothers so I'm definitely looking forward to meets and going cruising

·
Administrator
3,319 Posts
Do you have an Android phone or tablet? Get one of these to use with the Torque app, it's a full function bluetooth scanner to monitor, graph, data, CEL, reset. More importantly, it will tell you when your emission monitors are READY for the plug in test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.