Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been entertaining the thought of two-toning the wheels and eventually two-toning everything....

Can someone possibly photoshop my car to have every other spoke DCM? I'm looking at it as 10 total spokes, not 5 split spokes....

Thanks in advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I photo chopped it as best as I could, I put it so it looks the best it could possibly look. It's damn close to perfection. ENJOY!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, there really isnt any way of doing "every other spoke" and making it even, and look good.

either paint the whole thing (yuck) or leave it as-is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or perhaps paint the inside of the spoke only. Like what Evo did.

[ 10-06-2006, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: KW Baraka ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG ROFL @ your sig!

[ 10-06-2006, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: KW Baraka ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOLOLOLOL at that sig.... Oh man, that is just too f**king funny

SO THATS how it works....LOL

I wouldn't imagine that lasting long before it gets moderized

BTW, thanks Pimp for letting me know what you think. I was kind of feeling that as well. I'm trying to get a visual of it choppin' but man, after posting up those pics I am just still really lovin' my rims.

I do like hte idea of painting the inner of the spokes though....

Nevermind on the P-shop.... I am still too in love with the way they look to change them....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man that sig is wrong. Damn, at leats I know how it works now. Yeah, don't mess with the rims, just paint the top half of your car the color of them from the top of the door handle on up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why would you want to two tone a car? There is so much out there beyond two tones. I'm beyond such foolishness. I cannot pic one color so I'll get one on top and another on the bottom... LAME & LIMITING...!

Now Jayo's car in the photoshopped pictures did look good with the color matched wheels.

I liked the dark on the lower part and the light color on top. I think it looks meaner that way.

Every other spoke is a difficult choice to make. Yours would really have a fan blade/hatchet look to them. The most important part is figuring out where to stop the paint. Maybe if they just painted where the blade angles off for. That center cap will be tricky.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its only limiting if you limit yourself to it. I am wanting to go two tone to match the ENTIRE car. DCM on bottom, silver on top to match the rims, DCM and silver in the engine using powdercoating, DCM vinyl with silver/white suade inserts.... seriously make it pimp

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And here comes Ma*LIBERATION*rquin Pa*LIBERATION*rks bein an old ass man and dampening the young boy's spirits. Go watch Matlock old man, we don't welcome your kind in here.

1.His 2-tone will be so unique that it's not funny

2.30% of all 2-tone jobs look like ass

3. 50% of all 2-tone jobs ar started at the wrong place on the body.

4. I own you.

-- OWNER/CEO of VMR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VMR?

Vagina Monologues Reader?

I knew you have a little bit of Lez in you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

This will happen soon! Only thing im changing is the pinstripe. I want the strip to match the color of my suede inserts. I am going to follow the top color and pinstripe through the front grill because I think it looks cleaner. Top color may be a tad darker to blend with the bottom (custom mix) but we'll see when I put the color down on a test panel.

John, plain and simple it can be done how ever you want, it just depends on the painters skill. Some painters may not even touch what your wanting to do because of the detail and time it will take to tape them off. On a better note since your wheels arent chrome it will be much easier to do. I say go for it if thats what you truly want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Cracka Ass Crackuh:
VMR?

Vagina Monologues Reader?

I knew you have a little bit of Lez in you
Voice Mail Records you turd burgler.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea Jayo, that's what I want.... shouldn't be too hard to tape it off, I just want to follow the body line and I plan on helping out if I have the painter I want do it.... I love this stuff

And yea, I got a buddy that does paint and says he could paint it for REAL cheap, couple bills. So I am slightly hesitant, yet interested. He said he can pick up the paint fairly cheap b/c he's got connections in the field and other than that, he's only going to charge me a couple bills for labor b/c he's supposed to be getting a shop soon and wants my car as an 'advertisement'.

But then again, like I said, he's only chargin' a couple bills, most shops charge at least $1500 just to paint the top half so you can imagine I am a little skeptical

And its Turd BurglAr you reterd

Oh, and I changed my photoshop idea, can anybody photoshop the top half the same color as the rims?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Cracka Ass Crackuh:
Its only limiting if you limit yourself to it. I am wanting to go two tone to match the ENTIRE car. DCM on bottom, silver on top to match the rims, DCM and silver in the engine using powdercoating, DCM vinyl with silver/white suade inserts.... seriously make it pimp
The only reason AND I MEAN the only reason you want to do something is because you are trying to come back for Impalafest next year and out due the next guy. You are trying to make it a competition. You don't even like 2 tones because you know they are limiting and lame. Are 2 tone paint jobs even Y2K compliant? Cracka, you can be NEO if you think you can be. Bend the spoon a little Neo.
Signed,
The Oracle's Pimp

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Loonatyk, a.k.a Da Roadmasta Masha:
And here comes Ma*LIBERATION*rquin Pa*LIBERATION*rks bein an old ass man and dampening the young boy's spirits. Go watch Matlock old man, we don't welcome your kind in here.

4. I own you.

--Receptionist/Janitor of VMR
Man whatever. I sign the permission slips around here! Me! That's WHO. Cracka doesn't make a move until I say so. 22 hour LOCK DOWN. Shoe PROGRAM. 2 tone doesn't have NOTHING on ME!

Just because you two are getting along (now) doesn't mean you have to salt his Crackas. Get your Road Masters on the Road!

VMR Artist/President/owner/producer/etc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by BLACK KRYPTONITE:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Loonatyk, a.k.a Da Roadmasta Masha:

4. I own you.

--Receptionist/Janitor of VMR
Man whatever. I sign the permission slips around here! Me! That's WHO. Cracka doesn't make a move until I say so. 22 hour LOCK DOWN. Shoe PROGRAM. 2 tone doesn't have NOTHING on ME!

Just because you two are getting along (now) doesn't mean you have to salt his Crackas. Get your Road Masters on the Road!

VMR Artist/President/owner/producer/etc
</font>[/QUOTE]I salt no mans crackers, infact i'm sodium intolerant so that aint even possible. I'm an advocate of the young b-body owner and I try to fight geezers like you who try to rain on our perverbial parade. Narc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by BLACK KRYPTONITE:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cracka Ass Crackuh:
The only reason AND I MEAN the only reason you want to do something is because you are trying to come back for Impalafest next year and out due the next guy. You are trying to make it a competition. You don't even like 2 tones because you know they are limiting and lame. Are 2 tone paint jobs even Y2K compliant? Cracka, you can be NEO if you think you can be. Bend the spoon a little Neo.
Signed,
The Oracle's Pimp
</font>[/QUOTE]A. I always try to show up to Impalafest with something new whether it be a different kind of wax, or a polished piece, or a stereo, or a train horn; so paint is just another product of my obsession

B. I have always loved two-tone cars.... and I've always loved two-tone b-bodies....

C. If you recall, I said it would take years and that the paint may not be overnight. See, this is a forecasted project.... I said I want this bit*h SEMA qualified. I'm sorry but you can't roll into SEMA on stock paint

D. Loony, I don't need you to fight my battles you damn thread jackin' ugly broad f**king 22 inch rim-denting bastard motherf**ker.... but I still appreciate

Oh, and honestly, do you think I would do something that detrimental to the car if I didn't really want it? I mean, all the stuff on the car right now can be removed and put back to stock, paint is fairly permanent so to speak. I was trying to keep it as stock as possible with just 'bolt ons' just in case I decided to sell it but figured I really love this car and never plan on getting rid of it so I kind of figured that I might as well do what I really want to it rather than feel restricted.... see what I'm saying

-NEO-

[ 10-05-2006, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Cracka Ass Crackuh ]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.