Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a picture of the actual piece that sticks out to turn off the light when the glove box is closed. I noticed that my glove box light isn't turning off, and i'm more than sure this is what has killed my battery within the course of 3 days. Is it just a stick that pokes out, or is there something attached to it? I'm assuming the latter. Anyway it would be greatly appreciated if someone could snap a shot of the switch for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Mine did the same thing, I out a small rubber cap on it. I used a piece of a cap for a vacuum line that I got at Autozone. It just made the rod longer by about 1/16 of an inch.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine did the same thing, I out a small rubber cap on it. I used a piece of a cap for a vacuum line that I got at Autozone. It just made the rod longer by about 1/16 of an inch.
I was contemplating doing that, but this car is in such good condition that it'll kill the feel if I were to ghetto rig it lol. I might end up having to do just that though.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
I was contemplating doing that, but this car is in such good condition that it'll kill the feel if I were to ghetto rig it lol. I might end up having to do just that though.
If you make a nice square cut, it looks factory. It does have to have enough room to push the shaft in, so it is a little short. Check to make sure the light turns off when you push the switch in. Push the shaft until the light turns off, then measure it at that point. You have to cut the end cap off just a little shorter than that (1/32 of an inch). Test fit it first, then you can put some slow cure CA on it to make sure it stays. Mine was tight enough that it has not come off in 6 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.