Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clean black & white.came with alot of good parts.while cleaning the engine bay i noticed a sticker that said goerge bates caprice refurbishing.

google goerge bates and all i have to say is WOW! that guy gets some clean b-bodies.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
They did a bunch of LACO Sheriff's cars as well. The rebuilds extended their use in the field for several years and they are good cars to find. Bates is also a good place to take your car when you need some help.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i bought a nib set of ss wheels from the guy too.but since i'm keeping the black/white paint i think it would look better with black wheels.

heres a some parts i got from him.
perfect grey dash
grey bezel/panels
ss rear door panels
new o2 sensors
new taylor wires
new plugs
new ss emblems
new ss wheels
new drilled/slotted rotors
new eibach springs
new hyperchip programmer
new power pullies
new sound deadner
and a host of other parts i can't remember.

i got it all for $1300. before it all went to virginia.;)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
congrats!

sounds like a steel to me!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
went through another box this morning,found 2 new cats on ss mandrel bent pipes.car has a new 2.5: flowmaster catback on it too.

i have some new impala ss parts that will be forsale too.i'm not going to put any ss trim on the car.

i know i have new quarter emblems(black)
new trunk emblem
new grill(is installed but is coming off)
i should also have a new red bowtie for the grill,somewhere.

rear grey door panels.i don't know if they are new or used.still in box.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Cool project 9C1.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
heres a pic of her on the trailor.should start on it this weekend.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok i got it off the trailer and on the lift.i installed new drilled/slotted rotors,new eibach springs,plugs/wires,new cat pipes,and had the tranny built up.adding wider kevlar bands,hd sunshell,3/4 clutch pack and a shift kit.also put new tires on the new ss rims.heres a pic as of yesterday

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
dang..

im diggin the tail pipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im trying to load some rescent pics.heres one and theres more to come.

i've since blacked out the fender trim and put the 9c1 wheels back on.new tires and stickers and this bad boy is on the road.can't wait.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
The white trunk and hood are not CHP or LACO Sheriff paint schemes. Bates did refurbishing for a lot of different agencies as well as some AZ and NV cars. I guess if they can find the records for yours you will know for sure which one it was. Nice car. I liked it with the SS wheels though. They are a handling improvment as well in my opinion. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i've asked angel to look my car up,he said its back in the paper files and would get to it.don't know the status.

i think im going to pick out some nice solid black 20's for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts