Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning 2 LT1 wagons, I wanted to see what a sedan was like, and I finally found one. On my way up to a swap meet I stopped and took a look at a 94 9C1 I found on craigslist the day before. 142k, LT1, minimal rust, and a $400 price tag. Supposedly the tranny slips around 65-70mph, and the heater core is shot. I took a look at it, it ran good, was not a rust bucket, so I bought it! The guy I bought it from got it with a weak #7 cylinder, so he dropped an LT1 and tranny out of a 96 SS in it, and for some reason, converted the car over the OBDII. Why, I don't know. He also put a new exhaust system on it (no headers :cry: ) and some hollowed mufflers, which makes this thing sound awesome! The car is in relatively good shape, the typical scaling on the the frame, no rot to be found, and the trunk was dry. The interior need some help though. It has some crappy black carpet that does not fit right, a chewed up steering wheel, and a home made gauge cluster made out of a PC power supply housing. Also had 3 new tires. There is a nice class III hitch on there with air shocks and a valve right on the hitch, looks like a decent setup. Spent the day cleaning it, removing 4 years of grime and dirt from being abandoned. Heres some pics from when it got dropped of yesterday, clean pics to come. This one should sort of blend into the sea of wagons its in. All in all, I am happy for the price. It remains to be seen whats up with the tranny, I haven't gotten it up on the highway yet, but locally it shifts fine. And in the last pic, found the perfect plate at the swap meet for the front :D .

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Nice car for the price! I'm guessing you went to the Lake Compounce swapmeet in Bristol? I was there yesterday too and found nothing on Impala SS/Caprice parts!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice car for the price! I'm guessing you went to the Lake Compounce swapmeet in Bristol? I was there yesterday too and found nothing on Impala SS/Caprice parts!
This was on saturday, I was on my way to the one in Thompson. Found nothing B-body related there. Went to Bristol on saturday and the only thing there was a set of SS rims being sold by someone in the cars for sale section. I left empty handed.

Definitely a good find, kindof like my Roady I just picked up :) What the hell is the switches for I am curious :)
One switch is for the back lights on the gauges (too hard to wire into the dash lights?)
Another seems to do nothing
And the last one turns off the flashers inside the trunk lid.

I picked up a cheap shiftless blazer console from a friend that I think will find its way into this car, just gotta figure a way to mount up these gauges.

·
Registered
163 Posts
looks like you made out better than the swap meet anyway!hellava deal just for spare parts let alone a running driver

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
haha

sorry but i cant help but point out that theres one clear corner and one stock...

thats a steel though...
wish i could find a deal like that!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry but i cant help but point out that theres one clear corner and one stock...

thats a steel though...
wish i could find a deal like that!
I noticed the same thing in the CL ad. I'll have to dig a matching amber out of the parts bin.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Perhaps the "unknown" switch shuts the rear brake lights off, like Cop Cars?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Perhaps the "unknown" switch shuts the rear brake lights off, like Cop Cars?
I'll have to check that out, if not then I have to trace this mess of wires and figure out what this guy did. He routed the wires around the front of the seat, so when you move the seat up it pulls them and the carpet up. Genius!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heres the SPID for those interested

And a video of the car

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Almost forgot this pic. The road the Caprice was on was off this road, thought this was pretty cool.

·
Registered
28 Posts
C1Looka like you've got some minor, although annoying, electrical work as a winter project.
But I'd say that you got a good deal.
$400 for a 9C1, with a 96 LT1 swapped in?
That's a deal.
I like the color too.

I just noticed that the right rear wheel is aliminum lace.
I thought that they didn't fit 9C1 rear because of the way the caliper sits?
Or is it just the N97's that don't fit?

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
94 notimpalla said:
I just noticed that the right rear wheel is aliminum lace.
I thought that they didn't fit 9C1 rear because of the way the caliper sits?
Or is it just the N97's that don't fit?

I have used stock Caprice, N97, Impala SS, truck ralleys, and alum van rims on my 9C1. All fits with no rubbing.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have used stock Caprice, N97, Impala SS, truck ralleys, and alum van rims on my 9C1. All fits with no rubbing.
correct. i had both civi and 9c1 steelies on at the same time no issue. just ugliness lol

treat my carpet well dave lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts