Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Penguin, Scarface, Shamoo im trying to come up witha nick name. I like it, its different I will admit, but looking front the front to rear gives the best definition of the car. Reminds me of a retro look a little.

What do you think, be honest? Like it? Dont like it? Not your taste?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BE honest? Okay I will be.

I think it looks like one of those wrecked cars that has a wrong colored hood, decklid and a roof on it. Or a LAPD cop car.

It needs to have more of the body painted. Fenders, Qrs, under the windows,

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea man, I hate to say it, But I'm not really feelin that.

Maybe a set of rims, or white whites might set it off.

But for now, kinda looks like a Cop Fleetwood, or like ghetto said, one that got wrecked.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I been told a few times, it looks like a COP car. Do you think if I had black racing stripes of something running from the front of the hood to the rear of the car it would look better?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 2-B1G-w00ds:
Do you think if I had black racing stripes of something running from the front of the hood to the rear of the car it would look better?
Yes, Probably. But seriously, I'd bet Some Wide Whitewall Tires would set that off.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you guys think about just repainting the trunk/hood black? I wanted a black car but wanted to keep it cooler in the summmer.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm, interesting..

Seriously, paint the hood, top, and trunk to match the rest of the car. Then it will look beautiful IMO.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they half assed your two tone, the white did not come down far enough....making the car look like it was in a accident and got replacement parts, and is waiting to be painted

did you tell them to only paint the roof, trunk and hood?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, not a good two tone at all..... like others have said: just painting certain panels a different color makes it look like one of two things: a police car, or a car that was salvaged and never painted to match.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But this way, your air conditioner is going to have so much less load...

Also - whitewalls might make it pop out more?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Naw dog, that aint it. If yoy bring the white down to the door handles it'll look great!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well since ya asked for honesty...here what it reminds me of... a giant one of these on wheels:eek:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it would look much better if you added double lined white pin stripping on the side and some whitewalls. Maybe some sorta white decal on the side quater window as well, like the "LT1 inside" sticker. I think it has pottential and can look purty neat with the right touch! Good luck man!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not a good look Fleetwoods are not meant too be two tone ive never seen one just my opinion

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by 2-B1G-w00ds:
Thats what I been told a few times, it looks like a COP car. Do you think if I had black racing stripes of something running from the front of the hood to the rear of the car it would look better?
My sources say, "No." Split the colors at the belt line like they should have been.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really wanted a white roof, after experiencing a white Fleetwood holy **** its so much cooler inside during the summer, my car can sit outside in the sun and with the tint on the windows i can have a cool bottle of water waiting on me inside the car.

I was thinking adding some black lines on the hood and trunk at the corners so it looks like it was supposed to be painted like that like a wrap around maybe? That or keeping the color and naming the car "ScarFace" or "Shamoo", what I think and everyone else thinks about the paint job, we are on two different pages.

The car is unique, if you look at it and think, the roof, trunk, and hood are all the same color so chances are it didnt come out a body shop.

I told them to paint it exactly the way you see it in the pics, no mistakes about it.

What do you think about a black Cadillac logo on the front?

Honestly, if I could do it over again I would have painted the WHOLE car black, except for the roof which would have been white.

Thanks for all the input, lets keep it coming.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah...not what I was expecting. I was picturing a more half and half job, which could be cool, but that just looks like a really unfinished project.

I'm trying to think of something else that could be done to marry the weirdness together better...but I can't think of anything more than how much I want to spray the "unfinished" part black and really have a beauty.

The heat concerns are understandable, and I hope you or someone can think of something that might help it out, but right now it's just strange. But at least you're trying to be unique--so you get points there ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On second thought, and second look, it really doesn't look all that bad...change out the wheels to something larger and chrome, and maybe add a thin stripe or something on part of the black near the mid-section, and it could look show car'ish.

Oddly enough, it might be the wheels and blackwalls throwing it off the most, because they make it look like a stock car that's a project or badly done...change out the wheels, and it could really make it look proper, I think.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Loony;
If you bring the white down to the door handles it'll look great!
That's what I pictured when I first read this post. In my third eye, that would be wet.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that thing would look so, SO much better if you just brought the white down to that thin chrome trim. That way where the paints would "meet", you can just put the trim back on to cover the paint line.

A agree, right now the car is screamin' COP CAR, or WRECKED AND NO MONEY FO PAINT.

I see the car in the back ground has a white wall on it. got a caddy hub cap for it? if so, put those tires on one side and snap anouther pic. Maybe all it needs is a white wall tire, or a white letter tire.

That Sh*t sure is different!! But definatly a kinda odd differnt. Not BAD, but odd. Maybe we need to see it in a rap video for it to be accepted!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts