Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very cool looking. What all will it do and how do you control it? Touch screen? Remote?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It can do as much as the flip out -the dvd. 2 AV Inputs, Ipod control, (optional) tv tuner. It is controlled by a wired remote (The ORB). It can be controlled by an Alpine touch screen.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woah! That's a big screen!

Does it control the climate control too? If not, where are you locating them too?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now thats sweeet!! about how much did you spend to get that set up?

D
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, we need a run down. make it a sticky.
now trying to take your ideas but you should have thought of that before you posted.
we need the recipe.asap
looks hella good

dave

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[Halle Berry in Monster Ball] It makes me feel gooooood. [/Halle Berry in Monster Ball]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am still thinking of what to do with the climate controls. I am either going to put it in the opening for the ashtray or build a console.
I will get a detailed list together and post it later.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oooh, install Roadmaster climate control in the ashtry opening! :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great job man!! I'm loving it... let the details out. I wanted a screen from vent to vent also. Did you buy a touchscreen seperatly and how is the Alpine stuff working through the screen?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Florida on "Good times" dam, Dam, Dam, that looks good.

0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been doing some reading up on this as I plan on doing something similar.

What he has is a 10.4" Concept brand screen. In order to go touch screen you must use a car-puter set-up to have something to control the touchscreen controller module. Only down side I see to having a carputer is tryin to keep it running cool enough in the texas heat.

He has a Alpine vehicle hub pro installed on this. It is made to intergate alpine multimedia components with factory navi. screens in cars.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great. Something different from what I have seen and I like it. Makes me rethink the flip out screen tv.

0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im not really a fan of flip-out screens that is the reason I wanted to go with something like this.

Oh just incase anyone misinterpreted what I said above. The concept 10.4" is just a raw screen not touch screen capabilities. If you want touchscreen you will need a pc based screen with touch screen or a liliput screen. VGA input etc.

0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey how many people would be interested in this Concept 10.4" screen?

Im working a deal to get one for myself right now if I can get more and at a decent price who all would be in?

FYI also have 15.2" Wide Screen and 17" wide screen raw screens.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very cool. Just don't get preoccupied with while driving and crash the cool ride.
HVY SS

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can use a touchscreen, but it has to be an Alpine touchscreen. The vehicle Hub Pro comes with the cable to hook into an Alpine touchscreen.
As far as the build sheet, I am still working on it and will post it soon. Please be patient.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts