Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Pics of Nitrous install

14K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  1phastss 
#1 ·
Show me pics of your nitrous installs.
IE: Where did you mount your solenoids, How did you mount your bottle, how did you run your lines and where did you put your switch's?

#5 ·
here is a pic (not the best pic) of the engine bay.. solenoids are on the back of fuel rails.

the activavtion switches are totally hidden in the center console. only indication is the blue LED lights above the shifter.

nitrous guage.

#6 ·
#13 ·
NX MAF Kit.
Noids are mounted on teh fan brackets with L brackets.

Switches
1 for fuel pump, I run a separate tank and pump for the bottle.
2 to arm the system and turn on the bottle heater, 1 has to be on to activate 2
3 for the bottle opener.
4 for the purge.
Everything else is automatic, timing, safeties, etc.

#14 ·
nice setup troy........... what size is your second fuel tank and where did you put it? got any pics of it?

#15 ·

It is a 2 qt. cell for a Jr. Dragster. You dont use much fuel compared to a bottle.
I took the fitting it came with and changed it to 3/8" line.
Ran that through a filter and into a In-line EFI pump that is mounted behind the driver side on the bumper support.
Ran -6AN to a regulator and -4an to the noid.
The line you see is the return from the regulator.
It flows more than the biggest jet I have which is more than the noid can flow, .062 jet which is more than 400.
Set the pressure to around 47 and dont hook up the vacuum line so the pressure is the same all the time.
Has worked great so far.

#20 ·
Here is my install used the brand x kit from nitrous outlet ...its my daily driver. :)

Attachments

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.