Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking sweet.... Ever consider making and selling some more of your excellent kick panel enclosures and the mid sub enclosures? I know I would be interested in purchasing a set. :D

-=Adam=-

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve,
As always excellent work, now if only I knew how to hook up a linear actuator to my parking brake like you did

Please post pictures of yur parking brake set up.

I would like to get rid of my parking brake and try to install all of my Boston's 6.53's in the kick panels

M®.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve,
As always excellent work, now if only I knew how to hook up a linear actuator to my parking brake like you did

Please post pictures of yur parking brake set up.

I would like to get rid of my parking brake and try to install all of my Boston's 6.53's in the kick panels

M®.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here here on kick panel enclosures. I would love a set if you ever go into business making them. No one makes any good pieces for the impala. Now if i had a camaro or some other p.o.s. i could find lots..but lets not get me started.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice looking setup!

I wonder what this car is going to weigh!!! :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow steve thats beautiful! i'd like to do a box in that spot but a simpler design. looks amazing.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice setup.

What do the xtant subs sound like? I've never heard any before but they are look cool. do they get crazy loud?

yeah and if you are gonna make kicks for the impalas make sure they will fit caprice wagons also :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comments guys.......

I have no plans to produce kick panels for our cars, if I did they would have to be custom pieces and would be much more than most are willing to pay.

SS964mo,
the actuator on the parking brake is an easy modification, e-mail me directly for details.

92 WAGON,
The Xtant subs I have heard sound very good, I have not begun to tune yet but from what I've heard in my car this weekend they play VERY low (has a lot to do with the design of the enclosure) and will get plenty loud.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a BEAUTIFUL setup. If it's not a secret or anything, what type of sub uses an enclosure like that? small sealed, etc.? Being open on both ends of the sub, but acoustically separated looks like a free-air....
And your sig pic is BADA$$ !

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maelstrom,
You are correct, as the enclosure is now it is freeair however the triangle shaped holes in the trunk will contain the resistive membrane material that will make the enclosure an aperiodic design, generaly any sub with a Qts of less that .45 will work well in an aperiodic design.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info. It seems like you've had to explain the whole aperiodic-membrane design over and over again. Sorry to ask a redundant question.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts