Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pictures of their mobile video setup? I will get some online as as soon as I can.
This is a little info about my setup:
1-5.6 inch monitor in a flip down pod between my driver and passenger visors.
2-5 inch monitors installed in driver and passenger seat headrests.
1-5 inch monitor installed in factory steering wheel.
Mobile DVD player mounted in trunk with infared remote sensor mounter to kick panel.
Thats my setup as of right now.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, I can't wait to see how you mounted them in the SS headrests!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSISCO:
Done check mine out bottom link!!!! :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you modify your headrests in any way? I just went out to my SS and looked at the headrest... it doesn't seem like it comes out of the seat high enough to get a monitor in there. Or maybe the monitors are smaller than I'd thought.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My headrest are stock with five inch monitors with the headrest shroud. It is a very tight fit for the monitors. I thought I would have to take them and about about an inch to the height but I didn't.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Southern Comfort: Did u ever get picture of you system yet?

Later

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't get the pictures until I get home I am currently supporting Operation Enduring Freedom overseas.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK SSISSCO 2 questions, i have the same head unit, when u play cd's do u have a ble screen or is it the screen that is up when u listen to tuner, i get the blue screen, doesn't seem right, also where did u get those rims? those are bad ass, the imp in the center is perfect.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nefariouSS Yes i also get that blue sreen when i play normal cd's and it sucks.But why listen to cd's when you can play music videos. :D They cost just as much or some times cheaper and have bonus stuff in them. check this web site they get you pretty good deals www.pricegrabber.com And as for the rims thx i got them from 310 motoring but i should of got them 20x10 dont really like 20x8.5 :eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where can u get music videos? I have alot on my computer but I don't know how to put them on CD to play in a LCD or DVD player

TIA

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thx for the info SSISCO, the only problem is i have bout 300 cd's that i love to play but hate the blank blue screen, thx for the info on pricegrabber, good stuff there i need, if u plan on sellin those rims and gettin the others let me know, wouldnt mind them.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Southern Comfort, i was wanting to mount a screen in my steering wheel. How tuff was the install. Is there any tips or instructions you can give me. Was there anyhting special you had to do with the conections and the wires because of the steering wheel turning. Id like to see the pics of the install when you get them.

Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got my car back...from stereo shop(was there for 2 months....I get it back to enjoy it for a couple of weeks before it goes to the paint shop.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how do you post pics on the site...I may be stupid but I can't figure it out.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Resurrection94:
how do you post pics on the site...I may be stupid but I can't figure it out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you want to post pics to show on the forum, email them to me and I'll host them. Or HACK will do it too, just email him.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys with the in-dash monitors probably have the Pioneer 7300DVD, right? First, which brain do you have? (7000,8000,9000?) That makes a difference. If you have the 8000 or 9000 you can hit your RGB button when listening to CD and get the blue background with the CD info. The best (and only way) around this is using aux equipment. I use the Pioneer CDXP5000 (50cd changer). Any aux equipment it will show your graphics for (i.e. Changer, Aux input, XM tuner box). The reason it shows that blue screen is because the player reconizes the cd as a dvd and with no picture on a cd it can't show anything but the blue(default) background. A Pioneer 12disc will fit in the middle console no prob and a six will fit the glove box. My recommendation....XM SATELITTLE RADIO!!!!! Any questions reguarding Pioneer Car Equipment, or car audio in general feel free to email me, [email protected]. I sell and install this stuff for a living.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
carfiboy Your right a cd changer will take care of that blue sreen
nefariouSS get one it takes away the blue sreen!!!
:D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This may or may not help.
When you guys are speaking of the blue screen problem, are you refering to the fact the machine is looking for a video signal that is not there. If so I ran into the same problem in a bus that I was rewiring. It played the audio though a bank of TVs. What I did was got a tiny black and white 12 volt " spy camera" and put it in a light tight box. This way it broadcast black to the screen. This would only work for you if you had a video in to use it with. The camera was a tiny thing less than 2 inches and cheap 25 bucks as I remember. Gerry

1 - 19 of 19 Posts