Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase good quality Pigtail Connectors that go into the EVAP Switch and the EGR Vacuum Control Switch?
They are both the same Connectors.
I’m including pics as a reference...
Thank you all for any help and advice you can offer !

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
976 Posts
That is a very common connector. Autozone has them.
You can also just replace the housings the wires pop right out easily.
I probably have some in my parts bin as well.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Oh.... But of course...
A Windshield Washer Pump Connector, why didn’t I think of searching for that ???
Thank you Mark.
Damn, little buggers are a bit expensive for a basic two wire pigtail.
What else is new for these cars LOL...
I appreciate the quick response...
Thanks friend...

I think the windshield washer connector is different. I searched the EGR valve which is the ACDELCO PT2307 part I linked you to. As you said about the cost. "What else is new"? Always happy to help out when I can.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Consider the purchase of a MetriPak repair kit that has terminals, shells, seals, and the removal tool(s)... Many sites including ebay carry the more obscure ones. I find it so much better than adding yet another set of splices...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh.... But of course...
A Windshield Washer Pump Connector, why didn’t I think of searching for that ???
Thank you Mark.
Thanks friend...

I think the windshield washer connector is different. I searched the EGR valve which is the ACDELCO PT2307 part I linked you to. As you said about the cost. "What else is new"? Always happy to help out when I can.
I did a search under ACDELCO PT2307 and one of the links had it listed as the windshield washer pump connector...
Can’t remember now who but RockAuto does have one of the lower prices for them.

I’ve been told ACDELCO Original OEM class parts are the ones manufactured by ACDELCO contract plants, while the ‘Professional’ class line is all aftermarket manufacturers meeting or exceeding same quality and standards as Original OEM class parts.
The Professional Class parts costs more, but I’ve heard people who preferred the OEM class parts over the Professional class...
Does anyone have any thoughts they’d care to offer along the lines of which class of ACDELCO parts are the best ?

Any and all advice will be appreciated !!!

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
David, When I was looking up the connector on RA I checked under 1996 Impala. I went to electrical connectors and found that # as the only one there. They have both male & female. I looked at the WW connector and it's totally different. Before I went to look in RA I checked some of the suppliers of weather / pack metri pack connectors and I didn't see anything that matched what you needed. The EGR connector seems to be unique. I may be wrong on all this but I did do some research. I do agree though that you should get a complete set with the tools. Jegs has some and so does Eastwood along with many other companies. As far as the professional deal. My thought is you may be over thinking a plug.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Consider the purchase of a MetriPak repair kit that has terminals, shells, seals, and the removal tool(s)... Many sites including ebay carry the more obscure ones. I find it so much better than adding yet another set of splices...
+1 This, If at all feasible.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You can almost always find connector kits online ebay etc.
Housing + seals and pins.
Usually cheap.
I would go that route vs. pigtails.
Pigtails are almost never color coded correctly and usually all same color wires.
If you were closer I'd offer to install for ya...5 minute job, tops.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Would have to look in my manual to verify that's correct one.
There are several different ones, difference being they are "keyed" differently.

99% folks don't know the terminals/pins/wires pop right out when you move the tang on each connector. Very common for housing/clip to break, very uncommon for terminals to be bad especially in SoCal.

Edit:
Here's a pic showing some different ones w/ pins removed.
Notice the terminals above them are clean as can be.
I do a LOT of harness/wiring stuff...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Hey babe, I looked a bit for one that appeared to be keyed like David's. I think the second one from the left in your picture is the one. As I said before he asked for a pigtail. I know he said in the past that he thought he had some broken wires. I still think replacing connectors it the way to go. I will still try to help out when & where I can.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Oh.... But of course...
Thank you Mark.
Thanks friend...

I did order an ACDELCO PT2307 pigtail from RockAuto, using the link you sent me, somehow while checking specs on it I ended up clicking on the windshield washer pump connector (maybe cuz mine isn’t working) and it came up under that listing as well, I’ve since looked at all 3 connectors on the car and they are all look to be the exact same size shape and configuration...
It’s odd how they don’t list any of the pigtails under “EVAP Control Switch”, or any EVAP oriented line to select from.
Alas I digress as usual.
Getting way more elaborative than I need to...
I have the pigtail coming under its part number PT2307.
ACDELCO Professional class part...
Thank you for that my friend.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey babe, I looked a bit for one that appeared to be keyed like David's. I think the second one from the left in your picture is the one. As I said before he asked for a pigtail. I know he said in the past that he thought he had some broken wires. I still think replacing connectors it the way to go. I will still try to help out when & where I can.

Yes I’m replacing all the pigtail connectors along the way, especially when the lock tabs are snapped off.
I was looking for both EVAP pigtails and couldn’t get a listing.
When I hit the RockAuto link it took me to the connector itself with no real reference to what it is actually classified as being used for.
It was found under the EGR connector line on RA, and “windshield washer pump motor connector” which I got a laugh out of.
Ya, you know, the ones you do to keep from crying after having spent a good bit of time trying to find them as something else.
I’m taking it in B Body stride...
Thank you for all the great advice and help.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I found the red EVAP Vacuum Control Valve pigtail fairly easily, but not the switch pigtail...
I will take a very fine gauge sewing needle and use it to pierce the insulation a few inches from both ends of the connectors and into the wire, using a VOM to check for the presence of B+ voltage (while switched on) and or for basic continuity, I can determine to a better degree where the break is located.
I’m not sure how to use the scanner to check that the pin out of the PCM is good and hasn’t lost contact inside. Since I can’t get to it unless plug C2 is disconnected, which I’m pretty sure would make testing it impossible with what I have on hand.
It’s a professional grade scanner with all the functionality tests but since the connector has to be plugged in to function, I guess I’ll check for voltage probing the C2 plug from the back of the connector, at the purple wire and take a close look inside at the condition of the contact pins.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
rockauto pt2307 $20.99 lol

just a couple examples

https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/132/products_id/1010

acdelco pigtails are stupid expensive in future I still suggest to just roll your own.
Thank you babywag!
I trust my own assembly abilities with actual solder and sealing of the wire entries more than most preassembled parts out of ???
So I’m definitely going to get a few of these to have on hand.
If you know of links to any of the other many engine connectors that also come in this type kit, please share it with me.
Thank you my friend.

Doahh.... BMotorSports.com.
I’m all over it...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
David, When I was looking up the connector on RA I checked under 1996 Impala. I went to electrical connectors and found that # as the only one there. They have both male & female. I looked at the WW connector and it's totally different. Before I went to look in RA I checked some of the suppliers of weather / pack metri pack connectors and I didn't see anything that matched what you needed. The EGR connector seems to be unique. I may be wrong on all this but I did do some research. I do agree though that you should get a complete set with the tools. Jegs has some and so does Eastwood along with many other companies. As far as the professional deal. My thought is you may be over thinking a plug.

I think you may be right about the overthinking thing, it’s an OCD thing...
I’ve done headlight conversion looms
(9004 - 9007) assembling the components myself, and using hot glue to seal the back of the connectors...
Spliced pigtails on using solder with waterproof sealed solder filled connectors offset and finished off with shrink tube, then placed into a protective wire shield sleeve.
So I like the idea of putting the connectors together myself, except for the fact it has to be done bent over the engine, in confined spaces, and with limited lengths of wire to work with...
But hey, I’m a glutton for punishment...
Thanks all...
Especially Mark and babywag...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts