Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you turn the unit off, does it go to a black screen or does it go into Demo Mode? I want to know before I buy the Z2 when it comes out in two months. Right now I have the AVH-P7800DVD. When I cut it off, it goes to Demo Mode. Is there a way to make it go to a black screen when I cut it off?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which avic do you have? Do you have the cd's that go with it also.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you turn the entire unit off it should go to a black screen. I'm not understanding the question though, why would you turn it off?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its like the Avic n1 you should goto the settings and turn off the demo mode as stated before.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Sik-Wit-It:
if you turn the entire unit off it should go to a black screen. I'm not understanding the question though, why would you turn it off?
When you turn the unit off, it does not go to a black screen. It goes into Demo Mode.

I just got off the phone with Pioneer's customer service. The guy told me if I push and hold the Sound Setting button for about three seconds, it will disable the Demo Mode. But, he said it would go to a blue screen, not black.

The reason I would want to cut it off is because right now, I have a flip out radio(AVH-P7800DVD). If I upgrade to the AVIC Z2, that means no more flip out. So, I want to cut the radio off before I get to my home so people around me won't know what I have.

If the screen on the AVIC Z2 doesn't go black when it is cut off, I'm not getting it.

I was just on Pioneer's website and it seems that the radio is out( http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069681_423070352,00.html ). Gonna have to find a shop that has it in stock to go play with it.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have to put the navi disc in before you can turn it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts