Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do anyone have this unit and do you know if this unit plays cd's/dvd and have fm radio. I purchased o e but have not had time to install or even check it out. If you have this model did you need a brain for it also? and what are your impressions of it?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yea it does play cd's dvd's FM radio and also sat. radio ready. l love the sound control features it has crossovers db levels sub control seperate bass and treble settings etc..... oh and lets not forget about the navi.. yes it does require a brain should be included.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh so I have to have brain to use it though or is it just for the navi system cause if not dayum I need a brain

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you purchased it should of came with the brain i have the same unit the navi is great you have to ground out the parking brake

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the AVIC-N2 will require a little more than just grounding out the parking brake to play movies and unlock most of the features. Follow this link that I posted a year or so ago and it will tell you how to bypass it.

The AVIC-N1 WILL work by just grounding the parking brake wire, but once you insert the updated nav DVD-ROM it will upgrade the firmware in the unit and enable this feature. It basically uses the gyro and the GPS ant. to sense if you are actually moving and it will disable them no matter what. The N2 came with this upgraded software, so that is why you have to do this out of the box.

You you WILL need a brain for it also, but you can find them on eBay quite often so I would not worry it too much. You might want to goto Pioneer's website and download the installation manual for it, if you don't have one already, and make sure that you have all the harnesses, the GPS ant (which isn't cheap to replace), and controller cables.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts