Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran the 96 Impala SS at Nashville Superspeedway over the weekend and got some good shots of the body lean with my current set-up..
Eibach springs
PST front bar
HO rear bar
Bilstiens (stiff)
BMR upper and lower rears
All stock bushings up front

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might find the post on Oversteer with Global West LCS's interesting.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess Stock suspention woulda rolled right off of the track. :( I am no longer excited about putting on my HA, WS6 bars, and Hotchkiss LCA. :( :( :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like it was fun, i think a friendly drop would soften that body roll.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Rustic:
I ran the 96 Impala SS at Nashville Superspeedway over the weekend and got some good shots of the body lean with my current set-up..
Hey Rustic, How did ya like Nashville Speedway? My son and I Were at the " Hunters Custom Automotive " Event at the Nashville Fairgrounds this past weekend! Damn, If I Had known you were going to be out there, The building is Right next door to the speedway! You can see half the track from the Fairgrounds. I Would have loved to come and watch!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Rustic, How did ya like Nashville Speedway?
I thought the place was great. I guess it's only 4 or 5 years old and in near perfect shape. The road course was very smooth and has a nice long final straight. In the last left turn of the twisties you start paralleling the loop right at turn 3 and build up speed along the base of the track until they merge coming out of turn 4.... then it's balls-to-the-wall until you have to jump off the oval just before turn 1.

I was getting up to around 115 on the straight but it was long enough to go faster.... but since I'm still running stock brakes on the SS I was a little shy.

I am no longer excited about putting on my HA, WS6 bars, and Hotchkiss LCA
Hey... don't worry that. You have to realize that I'm hitting that corner pretty hard in that shot and i'm running race compound tires to hold it. The car is MUCH better with the mods that I have... in stock trim I simply couldn't have taken the corner at that speed. I'm sure your new parts will make a world of difference. In regular street driving my car feels very flat in the turns.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like it was fun, i think a friendly drop would soften that body roll.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I want to be clear that when I made this post I wasn't trying to say that I have "BAD" body roll. I actually think the car needs to lean into the corners somewhat to plant some extra weight on the outside wheel.

For what I typically use this car for I'm very happy with my set-up. And once my tubular front control arms get built and I have new bushings up front I'll like it even better!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts