Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track on Friday, couldn't cut better than a 2.4 60'. Wheel hop was almost as bad as my '06 GTO and those are notorious for wheel hop.

Currently car is stock arms with about 10k mi on Moog Replacement bushings. ST Lowering springs and 275-45/17 Kumhos. It puts down 375rwhp through a T-56 and 4.10's.

I realize its probably time to get some good tubular arms.

If just a good set of adjustable like C3Fabs or the likes will cure this and still allow good ride quality that would be great.

But for the wheel hop do I need to consider IC brackets for the lowers or something more like the Dick Miller No-Hop equipped uppers?

I'd like to also center the wheel while I'm at this.

-Brian

· Registered
6,535 Posts
A tire like a 10" x 26" MT ET street on a 15 in rim would go along way in improving your 60'. Boxed or aftermarket lowers also. IC brackets I have seen good results with a A4 B-body, just never run them myself.

I make a little more HP than you do and also have a T56/4:10 car and I get 1.8xx-1.9xx 60' times. I don't launch much more than 2500 rpm though as more just results in tire spin unless the track is seriously prepped....which on test & tune nights never happens.

I also have Hotchkis U & L control arms with the Dick Miller braces

Attachments

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the triangulation braces in the last group buy. I was trying to launch at 1800. I figured more tire would fix the spin but I thought it might make the wheel hop worse.

-Brian

· Premium Member
1,785 Posts
If I were to do it over again, I would just go with a full Dick Miller rear suspension setup. Mine works well, but I get occasional wheel hop.

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'd consider a full DMR set up but, I'm not sure its right for a lowered set up. Most of his stuff appears to be stock height or better. From my reading, it would appear that when the car gets lowered the angle on the upper arms gets to be about right, which would suggest that IC brackets on the lowers would be better than raising the point on the uppers. Also I feel like the full no-hop bars would be great for drag racing but difficult for the street or auto crossing.

-Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.