Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
2,950 Posts
If it's easier / cheaper to find Nissan Atlas balljoints for him or even if he's just trying to keep his options open - more power to him; plus we learn something.

If that's not the point of the ISSF, then what is?

Related but separate: I believe either a Nissan 3.3L V6 and / or a Dodge Stealth / Mitsubishi 3000GT can be alternate sources for the Mitsubishi optical sensor that is the 'retina' of our Opti-Spark.
Columbus will probably rediscover / confirm this at some future date ...

· Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Note: Upper ball joint need about 5mm spacer to be on equal height with stock ball joint.
The working length is ball centerline to a given spot on the taper.
Shimming the housing on the arm does not do anything to the geometry.
Not that 5mm is a make or brake, just that spacing the joint won't effectively do anything.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
If it's easier / cheaper to find Nissan Atlas balljoints for him or even if he's just trying to keep his options open - more power to him; plus we learn something.

If that's not the point of the ISSF, then what is?

Related but separate: I believe either a Nissan 3.3L V6 and / or a Dodge Stealth / Mitsubishi 3000GT can be alternate sources for the Mitsubishi optical sensor that is the 'retina' of our Opti-Spark.
Columbus will probably rediscover / confirm this at some future date ...
Im zero knowledge about optisensor. Didnt want to research. I have 5.0 tbi.

· Registered
8,013 Posts
Because he wanted to do it. Don't see any particular advantage. Unlike installing "tall" ProForged uppers which has potential to improve handling. Permenently altering upper control arms ,and knuckles seems a major drawback as well as adding significant time ,effort ,and cost to a relatively small job.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Updates!
Kyb, kayaba support tells me that in nissan vanette are most bigger ball in ball joint in their existing catalog and 54mm diameter sitting arm size, that i machine to tock 53.3mm. Nothing changed, only ball joint from vanette. Fits same as atlas.

Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Rim Bicycle Gas

Wood Television Gas Sculpture Art

21 - 40 of 45 Posts