Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
3,000 Posts
I have no idea what really would happen but if you type in a Zelenograd postal code , Rock Auto posts a shipping cost.
A lot has changed in this regard in very recent years. Rock Auto will ship to the North Pole if you pay them.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
If it's easier / cheaper to find Nissan Atlas balljoints for him or even if he's just trying to keep his options open - more power to him; plus we learn something.

If that's not the point of the ISSF, then what is?

Related but separate: I believe either a Nissan 3.3L V6 and / or a Dodge Stealth / Mitsubishi 3000GT can be alternate sources for the Mitsubishi optical sensor that is the 'retina' of our Opti-Spark.
Columbus will probably rediscover / confirm this at some future date ...

·
Premium Member
7,075 Posts
Note: Upper ball joint need about 5mm spacer to be on equal height with stock ball joint.
The working length is ball centerline to a given spot on the taper.
Shimming the housing on the arm does not do anything to the geometry.
Not that 5mm is a make or brake, just that spacing the joint won't effectively do anything.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
If it's easier / cheaper to find Nissan Atlas balljoints for him or even if he's just trying to keep his options open - more power to him; plus we learn something.

If that's not the point of the ISSF, then what is?

Related but separate: I believe either a Nissan 3.3L V6 and / or a Dodge Stealth / Mitsubishi 3000GT can be alternate sources for the Mitsubishi optical sensor that is the 'retina' of our Opti-Spark.
Columbus will probably rediscover / confirm this at some future date ...
Im zero knowledge about optisensor. Didnt want to research. I have 5.0 tbi.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts