Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to replace my 2nd Plastic fitting that broke on me. Is there any metal replacement out there or anything that someone has fabbed up? A solid one made out of aluminum may look pretty good.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I'm about to replace my 2nd Plastic fitting that broke on me. Is there any metal replacement out there or anything that someone has fabbed up? A solid one made out of aluminum may look pretty good.
You'll either need to keep replacing them or fab something up w/ the stock coolant temps. If coolant temps are lowered @ the PCM, they last much longer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went to the hardware store and got a female tee and 2 male copper screw in fittings. One had to be smaller in diameter to fit. Got tired of replacing the plastic ones. No problems since. $16 well spent.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made a Tee out of the air pump tube

Now that's a good idea. I know the section of pipe you're talking about and that could work real well. I had to cut one in half to get it off the car and pitched those pieces. Should never throw anything away! I still have another one that I was going to keep when I removed the air pump. I'll have to take a close look at it and keep it for when the plastic tee breaks apart AGAIN.

BTW - Very nice looking engine in your car. Looks like a pretty darn good runner you got there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts