Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted in the past about my brake pads clacking every time I hit a bump.
Dal told me a way to install them so they wont get loose. He said something about putting a chisel on the bottom of the brake pad to hold it in really tight and then bend the dog ears in place. He said they will never come loose again.
Can someone give me step by step procedure on this
because he was kinf of busy and I didnt really understand the full procedure.

Thanks in advance guys!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That procedure will get rid of most of the play in the outer pad, but not all. Over the years of brake work on my 9C1, I've discovered that the gooey anti-rattle stuff is what works best. If you have large-ish open spoke alloys, you can even apply it through them (I've done that with my SS wheels). Just squeeze goo where the pad meets the caliper, on all accessible sides. It'll "cure" in a few hours and basically glue the pad to the caliper. The stuff I use is red...
Alternately, you can apply it to the back of the outer pad before putting it in the caliper, and the squeezing of the piston will fully spread the stuff. Either way works.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. Thanks.
Someone at Naisso gave me directions on the other thing I will try both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.