Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was on my way to my first car show and for the last couple days my locks have been clicking, i kinda shrugged it off not really worrying about it. Today on my way out of town they started to do it and then my car died! It restarts right away but then ten min or so it clicks a few times and then dead! My buddy told me that my alarm (that doesnt work) might be triggering the starter kill switch... I have no knowledge of car alarms or how to re-program my remote... any help would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!!

Travis

PS the fuel gauge goes to full and the act weird when the car shuts down...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You can find out where the brain for your alarm is located and get it out of there. You'll need to access the wiring in the steering column as well to ensure that the starter wire is put back together. You shouldn't have to mess with anything else because every other wire on an alarm system is tapped in, not cut in. The hardest part will probably be locating the brain of the alarm. I'd check up in the dash first, that's the most common place for them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
sounds like a bad ground wire on your alarm.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can find out where the brain for your alarm is located and get it out of there. You'll need to access the wiring in the steering column as well to ensure that the starter wire is put back together. You shouldn't have to mess with anything else because every other wire on an alarm system is tapped in, not cut in. The hardest part will probably be locating the brain of the alarm. I'd check up in the dash first, that's the most common place for them.
I actually fixed it. Lol there was a ground in the trunk hooked to the alarm thatcame undone... I also pulled the fuse out of the alrm. Thanks for the reply though! :D

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Glad to hear you fixed it. If you're not familiar with alarms, troubleshooting them can be a pain in the @$$.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear you fixed it. If you're not familiar with alarms, troubleshooting them can be a pain in the @$$.
Yea... Biiig pain in the a$$!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts