Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something? I got a set of over the VC wires and when they finally remembered to send the aluminum brackets I discovered a problem. My heads have no bolt holes. There's not even bosses where holes could have been. Not even a casting mark where bosses might have been. Utterly flat. I know I've seen these mounting places on other LT1's, both aluminum and iron heads.

Did some random examples not come with these holes? Or do I need to take a closer look at what is on this engine? It had all the manifold bolts replaced prior to my mom buying it way back when and, I believe, it also had head gaskets. But (wrong) heads? Surely not?

This isn't really electrical but it's not really engine either at this point. So Mods feel free to move it where ever.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No thoughts at all? :confused: I suppose it doesn't matter. I have to come up with an alternative way to make it work regardless. Still, makes me wonder about these heads.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Am I missing something? I got a set of over the VC wires and when they finally remembered to send the aluminum brackets I discovered a problem. My heads have no bolt holes.
Were the VC brackets designed for use w/ centerbolt valve covers?

Over VC brackets generally use the same bolt holes that secure the VC's themselves. If they weren't designed for centerbolt covers, you won't and shouldn't, have anything to mount them to.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Designed for the bolt holes in the sides of the heads, below the VC and between the ports...

See those two pairs of two? That's what I am used to seeing and what my heads lack...

I'm just going to have four slim brackets made that run between the manifold bolts and arch up to take the relative place of the missing holes. Just seemed odd to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts