Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who's done a home polish on their stock wheels, I've gotten to a bit of a rough part on my project, could use some sage wisdom...

After some significant delays, I'm finally getting back on to the polishing gig with my stock wheels. I'm doing some touch-up before the wet-sand and polish, and I'm having some trouble removing the porous surface where the spokes meet the outer edge of the wheel.. Is there any tried and proven method for getting into those small corners, or did you leave a bit of the porous surface showing? Due to the size of my drill, I can't quite get the little 3M pads into the tight spots (not sure if I'd be able to even if the drill wasn't rubbing), so I picked up some 80 grit paper and have been trying by hand, but it's harder than hell trying to get into those little spaces. Any good tricks out there to be used?

Thanks!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pernox, I know you don't want to hear this but... I didn't polish that part your talking about (I think). Here is a pic of a wheel I polished...

I only polished the five stars and the outer lip. I think your talking about the inside edges of the five stars, so basically what I am saying is... I think you opened a big can of worms!
Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap.

Guess I did, huh? ...Well, if I get it figured out, I'll let y'all know. They should look pretty badass with the whole thing polished, at least..

Thanks for the reply, despite the fact that you're right, and that's not what I wanted to hear.. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.