Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got come po118 twice in 24 hours, can anybody tell me what it is? An how could it fix it?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit high.

May be as simple as changing the sensor itself, but the factory service manual has a lot more steps to go through.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pick up a new sensors today from autozone an put it on, then my car really started action funny, it wouldn't start right up an I was parked an didn't drive it an in park the same code came back three time an I scanned an clear it all three times, I was thinking the back spark plug get wet from the antifreeze or the sensor may have got wet when I was putting it on. I drove home from work an the CEL came back on, so I was thinking it was the PCM was going bad so I keep a extra one in trunk put it in an less then ten minutes the CEL came back an it was the po118 code. An my car was acting funnier after I put the new sensor on. Do anybody think the sensor I get is bad?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Most all of items discussed in the factory service manual state you should look for broken wires for that circuit. Check to make sure one of the wires isn't backing out of the connector itself.

You didn't get any coolant on the opti did you?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replace the sensor last night an when I did, the code came back three times an I was in park, then it started misfiring every time my CEL came on, I switch my pcm an still get the code, I got the sensor from autozone. I do not know what's going on with this car some help thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts