Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving through basically the middle of nowhere and came across a car show. Had to stop. Local town officer had placed his cruiser in the show.

Still in service. Full lights, radios, video camera, vinyl rear seat with full cages. Even tinted glass.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cool cruiser... but too bad it's a TBI '92. Our LT1s would dust him! Imagine that cruiser chasin' down a both tires smokin' posi woody gold Roadie LT1 wagon...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Ruphrax:
Cool cruiser... but too bad it's a TBI '92. Our LT1s would dust him! Imagine that cruiser chasin' down a both tires smokin' posi woody gold Roadie LT1 wagon...
How did you determine it was a TBI 92??
I have a 94 1a2 and it doesn't look any different other than the Decals..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skinny molding around beltline and front bumper makes it a '91 or '92, and I guess '92 by lack of black applique on B pillar. Skinny wheel and dashboard shape could make it a '93, but other evidence says '92.

Fred

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Chevrolet on the grill might just have not have got picked up by my camera. I don't recall if it was there.

The paper in the window said it was a 93. Definately pre 94 as it had the flat dash.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whale,
were you at the Goodguys event in Columbus on Friday the 8th? I'm almost sure I saw your car in the spectators parking area. what color is your car, that's what I want to paint mine. I attended that show with an old-school pro body man / buddy who I hadn't seen since 1974! I pointed out your car as we were leaving and he has now agreed to paint mine! I already have the filled tailgate mod and glass rolled pan; just ordered a 2" glasstek cowl hood. They said it would take 4 weeks.
Great looking Caprice you have there ;) .
I'll have to look you up next time I'm in Marietta!

Rindy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definately look me up but it wasn't me. I was in Columbus today at the Bob McDorman auction though.

The color is light adriatic blue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Rindy:
just ordered a 2" glasstek cowl hood. They said it would take 4 weeks.
FYI, about 3 months ago I ordered one. They told me 3 weeks, and it took 5-1/2 weeks. My car hit a deer so I had to drive it looking like ass for 5-1/2 weeks... had me real anxious, but all is good now.
The hood fits nice, but the shocks have too much pressure and make it bow up in the middle.

That police wagon is cool.
:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rindy, I attended the goodguys show on the 9th, did you see the 2 wagons in the swap area ? one was a ragged out '91 caprice for $1900 and the other was a very nice custom cruiser for $5500 I have pics if anybody wants to see of the CC. And oh yes I think that is the coolest cop car I have seen in a long time, thanks Whale

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Jimbeau: I'm saying that all the '93 and newers that I have on my lot have Chevrolet on the top of the grille but the 91's and 92's that I have do not. I have two of each year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Derek69SS:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rindy:
My car hit a deer so I had to drive it looking like ass for 5-1/2 weeks... </font>[/QUOTE]i love how it was your car that hit the deer, not you. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.