Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
They are Ready !!!like you asked Matches with the Tilt lever I made ..$30.00 Shipped to your Door as usual..
2 ways to install:
You can use some JB weld or Gorilla Glue (easy way) to make it secure on your lever or I can Make a Little Threaded Hole on the back with a tiny set screw ( hard way for me more job
)...

You can also send your Stock Lever to me , I can Strip,Polish , Clear coated and Install your new Knob to your lever and ship back to you for $45.00 .

Or you can buy a Ready to install Complete Kit . Used but Recon Lever w/New Knob installed for $55.00 ( I have limited quantity Levers in stock E-mail or Pm me First)

Picture of the Knob

Knob installed

I have made some new knobs to stir things up a little ..
I've got one of each ,,,,so pick one !!!$30.00 each ..
I also add the Stock (first one )and my GP tilt lever looking knob(last one ) to compare the others ...

[ 10-18-2006, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: PunisherSS ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks a lot nicer than the one I made for my line lock button.

Only thing you have to worry about is that it likes to soak up heat like the seatbelt clips

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 96 Impala with the floor shifter, but I still had to comment on how great this shift lever looks, PunisherSS you have out-done yourself on this piece bro.

BTW I got the new HB you sent me today, I didnt even send you the old one back, but you still sent a new one. You have great products and your customer service is bar far the best. Looking forward to more of you products.

PS: If you still want the old HB back PM me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Element,
Different syles are doable but it Depends on quantity..This is what I was in mind for a long time , something different but not too radical..I have also look in to the first impala SS (1961) to make the same knob but it wasn't good looking at all..
I like smooth stuff nothing fancy , like the lines on the product,bigger ball on the top of the shifter knob etc..
Beleive me with the this knob shifter feels smoother

Buffman,
They were pointing the same heat issue on Roadmaster Section for my Door Pull Handles ,but we have hit over 100F past 2 weeks and I have never had burned from them ..Yes they do get hot bit nothing you can handle , even few minutes after roling down the windows or A/C on they get cooler in rightaway..

214texas,
like wagon said you can chromed over no problem..

Austin,
Thanks for the compliments and you can keep the old knob , no big deal ..I like happy customers ;)

Vince,
They will be in production soon , I'm just thinking about the lever section , I have used the stock one ,striped out the paint sanded and polished ..Then I have pushed the new knob with some JB WELD and it's done ...

"The bad"
Removing the stock knob was PITA, and the stock lever is not aluminum or Stainless steel so it may rusted in time if you not keep it clean and polished every week or so ..
the lever can be Clear coated and it will prevent rusting but I have this for a week now and have no problem at all so far ..

Q.Why I have used the stock lever and not make a whole new assembly ?
A. to keep the coast down ..if I make the whole new lever and the mounting point to the column
I need to sell this pricey and not reach to anyone with low budget ..

Plan No 1 :
Send your stock lever and I can strip your old paint,polished up the lever and installed your new knob and ship it back to you in a day or 2 ( there will be a fee for that )

Plan No 2:
Buy my knob and do all the work in your garage, have fun and save your self a cash for buying more stuff from me :D

I'm also going to collect all the shifters from my local yards to keep some Finished assembly in stock but the shape of the levers are different in 91 92 93 and 94 to 96 ..even in 91 GM made two different levers for caprices, but I'll do collect levers as much as I can ..

I'm working on the prices and will posted in few days ..
Thanks for looking ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by ChevyPusha:
I have a 96 Impala with the floor shifter, but I still had to comment on how great this shift lever looks, PunisherSS you have out-done yourself on this piece bro.
Please show pics I am needing a new shift knob for my 96.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by PunisherSS:
I'm sorry guys but nothing for 96 SS shifter..
Ok ..I'm trying to get one used Handle out of a ebay in few days and I'll start working on the 96 Shifter handle as well ...
Throw some ideas(Stock Looking one might me a good one) and I'll see what I can do ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by PunisherSS:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PunisherSS:
I'm sorry guys but nothing for 96 SS shifter..
Ok ..I'm trying to get one used Handle out of a ebay in few days and I'll start working on the 96 Shifter handle as well ...
Throw some ideas(Stock Looking one might me a good one) and I'll see what I can do ..
</font>[/QUOTE]pm sent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ PunisherSS- Thanks for the HB button, your customer service is still number 1 in my book.
also +1 for a 96 shifter knob, I would def be down in that GP.

@ drunkinmonk- My shifter is stock...

@ Impholla- What kinda design are you thinking about bro??? lemme in on the secrets :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the offer , but I need one that I can work on that and it wont be in prety shape later on ..
I'm not promising the handle anytime soon and I'm sure you guys know that...

Now , you 96 SS owners!! please leave us alone with our Column shifter Please ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its OK. i would have liked one kinda the shape of the tilt lever end. this smooth one looks like a female vib toy... am i the only one that thinks this? at least others like it. i think its kinda like the baseball bat tilt lever you made... a better design is out there. at least thats what i think

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Make it to match the tilt/turn signal levers and I'll take all three AND the Roadmaster door pulls. Keep me is mind and us all posted. I and more than pleased with the strut covers for the wagon hood and rear glass. Yea!!!

4501 Safari

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by pimpallya59:
its OK. i would have liked one kinda the shape of the tilt lever end. this smooth one looks like a female vib toy... am i the only one that thinks this? at least others like it. i think its kinda like the baseball bat tilt lever you made... a better design is out there. at least thats what i think
More like a Tampon to me :eek:

I can match with Tilt lever no problem ,but for sure I'll make the First one too, I think it looks awesome on my Roadmaster

Keep it Coming ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[/qb][/QUOTE]More like a Tampon to me :eek:

hahahahaha!!! thats it
if you need someone to try it after you make it... il'l be that guy :D :D :D send me a pm with a price.
i have all the other sstuff. great quality fast service.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.