Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been researching quite a bit as I look to upgrade my audio in the '91. I've seen a lot of people replacing their front door 4x6's with 6 1/2's which is cool and may be the direction I go but wanted to look fully at my options before I just jump at the first shiny object LOL

Has anyone heard anything (good or bad) about the Polk Audio - DXi460p's? They are supposed to replace 4x6 speakers but seem to be a much better set up and Polk Audio generally speaking put out a good product. I've thrown a pic of it below...

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
I have never seen nor heard of them. But there is only so much that can be done with a 4" speaker.

This is what I did. 3/4" Plywood. The speaker would fit without the cutting, but I do not want any strange sound wave reflection issues that may or may not arise leaving it the way it was.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I got a pair of similar 4x6 speaks in my car now. Can't remember if they are Polk or which brand. Work fine and will be coming out soon for some 6.5's. I'd sell them to you if you're interested. May not get them out of the car this weekend, but can let you know make and model if your interested in them. Be a shame just to throw them in storage.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I already went a different route with some 6.5's and tweeters in the door so this idea is a bit dated ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts