Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post this to let the guys know who are looking for your front end squeeks like i was for so long. I first thought that it was my bilsteins because they are known to squeek when the bushings are installed improperly so i ended up removing them twice and lubing them to make sure it wasn't them but it never did anything.
the other day when i was putting in new o2's, i pulled myself out from underneath the car using my swaybar and i heard a quick squeek so i took a look at my bushings and for some odd reason, i got the idea that they were cracked so i immediately ordered new bushings with the fiber linings from dal p/n 10288551. Yesterday i put them in and i had a hell of a time. Turns out my HA bushings were fine but i said screw it, i'll put the new ones on anyway and it was a BIATCH to get them on. I had to reuse my stock bushing straps but they worked. I greased up my endlink bushings and i was done
Diagnosis... annoying/embarrasing MAJOR squeek is completely eliminated

Just a heads up for people trying to track down squeeks and havent checked these

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Were these greasable poly bushings? If so, how often did you grease them? If not, did you grease them up with the provided tube of lithium grease prior to installation?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they were greasable and i did grease them up before i put them in and after a couple thousand miles. Guess it was just my luck or something but they were squeeking BAD... Great to drive the car without having to worry about the front sounding like crap over bumps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts