Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have And 94 Impala SS 130k With And LT4 HotCam And 1.6 Roller Rocker Arms and Eldebrock Intake And Eldebrock Short Headers And I Recently Just Added And Built 4l60e With And 2500 Stall But My Problem Is When I Am Driving At Speeds Like 45 Plus And I Mash Down On The Gas To Make My Car Kick Back And Gain More Speed I Get And Popping Noise Like Popcorn Coming From Exhaust And Sometimes When I Just Leave My Car Sit And Run I Get And Loud Like Soft Back Fire Noise From My Driver Side Pipe. I Recently Did And Tune Up, The Guy Who Put My Trans In Some How Pulled The Pins Out Of The O2 Sensor And Then Said He Some How Placed Em Back In I Dont Know If That Could Be The Problem Just Thought I Should Mention It

·
Registered
586 Posts
It sounds like the engine may be running too lean. You might want to see if you can get a scan of the system to make sure you're not getting lean. Since most parts houses that offer a free scan now only do ODBII, you might just as well just get new O2s and install them. Safe insurance for the one that 'pulled the wires out' and if it hasn't been done in a while, can't hurt.

Something else to look at, especially with a transmission replacement, is to double-check that the flywheel-to-converter bolts are tight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts